We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baht tops 30au

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Baht tops 30au

Looking good 2 weeks to go

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baht tops 30au

I am pleased to hear that and the Australian $ might be worth more in the near future.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,345 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baht tops 30au

Why should $AUD be worth more in near future? Just wondering since one of the reasons other currencies have been strengthening against the THB recently is because of weakening of $US because of their fiscal debt problems. Now that has been resolved the $US should strengthen again and other currencies' relationship to it and each other should revert to previous levels.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baht tops 30au

That was just something I heard on the news this morning, that we could be heading for parity again with the $US. Good for us Aussies.

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baht tops 30au

The Aussie strengthened yesterday because of the positive GDP news out of China,because when the Chinese economy is strong,the Aussie is strong.

The USD weakened also because although the U.S. avoided defaulting,it was really only postponed to January when they will go through it all again.

I trade FX for a living and the Aussie could hit parity to the USD soon mainly because the RBA probably won't drop rates again,the U.S. won't start tapering until about March and China is strengthening which all mean a stronger Aussie,which is why you are seeing the Baht over 30 again.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baht tops 30au

Thank you for that explanation John07.

Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Baht tops 30au

Sorry guys but I am a complete idiot with this stuff! Heading to Thailand in 2 weeks, will AUD get over 30 THB if I exchange over their in November??

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baht tops 30au

im off in 2 weeks too if the trend stays the same should be 30 or better but cant be certain

got down as low as 27 a few weeks ago but with the US dollar weakening its good for us

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baht tops 30au

The AUD is buying 29.40 Baht today and it should only get stronger from here,i'd be surprised if it wasn't over 30 in the next 2 weeks.

When you exchange $100 AUD,you receive 2,940 Baht when the Exchange rate is 29.40 (move the decimal point 2 places to the right)

When the Exchange rate is 30,you receive 3,000 Baht,a difference of 60 Baht,which is $2

So,we are not talking huge differences here,but it does add up,it's a difference of $20 per $1,000

Melbourne...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Baht tops 30au

In Phuket now & AUD is at 29.74 baht

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Baht tops 30au

Good news for me, hope it lasts a bit longer.