We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Hotels - Phuket ?

Cairo
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Good Hotels - Phuket ?

Hi,

Well, we are honeymooners who are willing to have Phuket as our destination for about 10 days besides 2 days in Kuala Lumpur.

We were told that Phuket has several beaches, and we are not sure which one is the best for honeymooners, in addition the regular hotels we need a hotel with a private pool villa for couple of days, any recommendations for both private villa and regular hotel?

Our budget for the 10 days is around [1000 - 1500 USD].

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Hotels - Phuket ?

Could you looking Sunsuri at Nai Harn beach. Brandnew hotel with nice pool not far from beach.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Hotels - Phuket ?

Which month of the year are you going to Phuket...??...This has a lot of bearing on your accomodation prices....

During low season,the price of accomodation can be half or less than half than the price of the same room during high season...

Cairo
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Hotels - Phuket ?

Hi, we are targeting the first week of January 2014

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Hotels - Phuket ?

First week of January is definitely still high season....So,prices will be at their premium....

I cannot be too specific on which hotel/resort to pick at this time of the year as I usually always travel low season....

Patong Beach is party central,full of shopping,restaurants galore tho'....Patong south is quiet and even around onto Tri Trang Beach is wonderful,quiet and close to Patong....

Kata is quieter than Patong tho' still has enough action for things to do.....

If you want super quiet,then try Nai Harn beach at the south end Phuket or maybe Nai yang at the north end Phuket....

I might suggest going to sawadee.com to check out hotels/resorts...Find hotels within your budget($100-$150),then read up on a few reviews of the places you have chosen....

Remember price also varies on which room you choose as well....Whether it be an ocean view,pool access or garden view room....

At $100-$150 per night,it will be difficult to find an ocean front hotel or villa at this price....

Singapore
Level Contributor
77 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Hotels - Phuket ?

Try booking.com for phuket hotels you wish to go to. Or look thru the Trip Advisor hotels on Phuket and find those within your price range.

A very nice pool villa I have stayed in is at Mai Khao Beach called Sala Phuket. Beautiful. I am sure you can find some nice villas (though may not be with a private pool for your budget).

All the best for your honeymoon!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Hotels - Phuket ?

Hi,

I think firstly you must decide which area you want to stay at.

Kamala is a quiet area but there's a reasonable no of places selling halal food (i assume you are muslim).

Karon is quiet with a nice beach and you can always take a scooter or car to Patong which is nearby.

Kata is nice as well but not as easy to find halal food.

Patong is crowded but easy to find halal food.

Nai Harn has a nice beach and is less crowded.

I've stayed at a v nice and private pool villa at Kamala and loved it.

I've also stayed at a villa with a semi-private pool in Kata but I prefer the one in Kamala.

I personally like Karon beach cos it wasn't crowded and yet it is nice.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Hotels - Phuket ?

January 2014 ? . You better make some decisions soon . Also for what you want ,you may have to up your budget. Phuket is not a cheap place anymore.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Hotels - Phuket ?

It's still very busy the first week in January and you're very late in booking so you may have to settle for a hotel that still has availability check out www.asiatravel.com and www.sawadee.com and this price comparison website too see what's within your budget.

www.hotelscombined.com

Cairo
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Hotels - Phuket ?

Hi all, I am done with my Plan as below. and I need your support to name couple of hotels:

2 days Kuala Lumpur (Budget is around USD 120 - 150/ day)

2 or 3 days at a Private Pool Phuket (Budget is around USD 350 - 400/day)

2 days at Phi Phi Island (Budget is around (USD 150 - 180/day)

2 days at Phuket (budget is around USD 80 - USD 100/day)

Target dates are 10th March - 20th March.....

Any Help?

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,965 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Hotels - Phuket ?

Check www.asiatravel.com and www.sawadee.com as already advised. Pick some hotels and check there reviews here on TA.