We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phi Phi, Phang Nga

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
123 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Phi Phi, Phang Nga

Am currently in the process of researching for a tour of Thailand I am wanting to do next year.

It includes 2 full days in Phuket.

Am interested to know whether there is a tour which combines Phi Phi Island and Phang Nga. Know it would be a V long day but would like to see as much as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phi Phi, Phang Nga

Hi dizzyblonde....There are umpteen different varieties of day tours of Phang Nga - Koh Phi Phi - Koh Pan Yi - James Bond - kayak kave paddling - Monkey Beach and many many other small islands and beaches....with many different choices.....

It's almost mind boggling to see the amount of brochures at a tour office.....

If you're travelling low season,I would check the weather the day before the day trip,if it's fine,then I would go to the tour office and book the trip of your choice and ask for a discount....and ye shall receive....

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,573 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phi Phi, Phang Nga

Hello Dizzy.

Phang Nga Bay /James Bond Island and Phi Phi are in completely opposite directions. I don't know of any tour that includes both, and wouldn't be a good idea if there is one. Too far apart.

You can bargain for cheaper tours when you get here, but the quality of tours varies significantly. You won't get more than you pay for.

Have a look at 'Things to Do' and then click on 'Activities' for reviews of these places and companies that can take you there. The two locations are very different. Phi Phi has the better snorkeling and white sand beaches.

Phang Nga Bay has nice beaches, the more dramatic limestone karst scenery, the caves, canoes, snorkeling the village on stilts and the hidden lagoons (hong).

Have a great holiday.

Mark.

Phuket Sail Tours.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
773 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phi Phi, Phang Nga

I agree with Captainm Phang Nga has awesome scenery, Phi Phi has better snorkling.

If it’s the nature you like to explore with stunning lagoons then Phang Nga would be the best choice, if it’s more snorkeling then I would say Phi Phi is better.

In Phang nga you will get away from the crowd, at Phi Phi ...you get in to the crowd.

Have a great day out there!

4. Re: Phi Phi, Phang Nga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 06:19