We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Beach Area & Why??

Calgary AB Canada
Level Contributor
415 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Which Beach Area & Why??

Planning our first trip to Thailand and want to stay in Phuket, but having hard time deciding which

area. Would like to know which beach area you prefer and why? We will be there for approximately three weeks and am thinking of renting a condo so wouldn't be staying at a resort and would probably take our own lunch/drinks to the beach most days but would still like to be able to buy lunch/drinks as well - Are there places to rent chairs and umbrellas??

Prestwick, United...
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Beach Area & Why??

Hi we are staying in Nai Yang beach. Very quiet, which we like. There are sunbeds, beach bars & restaurants on the beach. Lovely at night actually sitting on the beach having dinner. We did a day trip yesterday & went through many other resorts, & we agreed we liked Nai Yang best. However many people will have different ideas, which is as it should as we are all individual, but we love Phuket everyone is so friendly & polite.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,090 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Beach Area & Why??

Hi

You can rents chairs and umbrellas on all beaches.

Are you after busy, quiet or something in the middle?

Personally the tiny little beaches are not easy to get to are worth exploring!

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
785 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Beach Area & Why??

I really like the village where I live... Kata Beach, we have a beautiful beach and the village is not too big, same time not too small, and its walking distance to everything, if you like to pop by Karon its just 1-3 km away depending on where you have your hotel. ;)

You will find local markets in Kata, most of the shopping that you find I Patong 20-30 min away in taxi, Kata has it all in smaller scale though and the best is, we have a great selection of really good restaurants for both local food, western, Indian, and Italian.

Some restaurants have great live music in the evening still we are not an "late - late" evening village, but trust me .. it can still me late :)

All depending on what you are looking after, Nai Yang as Gracie 49 wrote, is perfect if you really want peace and relax place...

Phuket has many beaches, all have the own beauty..what are you looking for?

Calgary AB Canada
Level Contributor
415 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Beach Area & Why??

Thanks - Kata sounds very nice -more like what we are looking for.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Beach Area & Why??

I also prefer Kata beach. We have everything here and if you are looking for more action it is only a 15 minute drive to Patong.

Also IMO Kata beach is one of the best beaches on Phuket.

Have a great holiday! :-)

Port Augusta...
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Beach Area & Why??

Its tricky trying to find the 'best' place to stay, thats for sure.

7. Re: Which Beach Area & Why??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 05:18