We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket airport & minivans

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Phuket airport & minivans

Im going to stay at Kata Poolside Resort and im planning to take a minivan from the airport to the hotel. My question is do they drop you at the end at your hotel door or do they drop you somewhere near the hotel?

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket airport & minivans

If you're referring to the shared mini-buses, they generally stop right outside your hotel when they drop you off, although if your hotel is down a narrow soi, they would drop you off at the end of the soi, if its not possible to drive down it.

I've got a shared mini-bus 3 times from the airport in the last 2 years

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket airport & minivans

Thanks for your clear reply!

So i guess these guys know where all the hotels are in Phuket. You can't use the same shared mini-buses to go back to the airport right?

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket airport & minivans

One reason for the short stop just outside the airport, is for the driver to get details of where everybody is staying, to organise the best route. They've not had a problem finding everybodys hotels on my trips so far.

When I got one to Kata in May 2013, I was the last one on board, as it went through Patong first. I had assumed they would have a separate minibus going straight to Karon/Kata, but that wasn't the case.

I believe there may be shared minibuses going back to the airport, but I've never tried to use that service. Just ask in the local travel agents in Kata for more information about them

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Phuket airport & minivans

Thanks jaynewcastle11, you have been a great help!

5. Re: Phuket airport & minivans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 05:19