We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR, last week of October to first week of November

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
JBR, last week of October to first week of November

Hi everyone.

Just got back from a great trip.

First 3 days stayed at Kata Beach Resort. Woke up to heavy rain but by the time we got to breakfast not a cloud in the the sky. This is Our first stay in Kata so head over to pool to take a look around. Great resort. Very traditional in style and nice pools that overlook the beach. Kata beach is very picturesque, with crystal waters that I found so hard to drag myself away from during our stay. Had a lite dinner by the pool while watching the amazing sunset finally walked away around 7pm to explore the streets of Kata.

Shopping and streets not so hectic in comparison to Patong and it was nice to slow down and slip right into holiday mode.

Apart from a couple of breaks from sun with a relaxing massages and mani - pedi's the next few days were enjoyed the same way. Also, on the Tuesday night we had made plans to get a taxi and go to Karon nights markets. So much fun and the nicest people. Came back with quite a few bargains!

Off to Patong we go. After all the relaxing and slow pace of Kata I was a bit worried about the hustle and bustle of Patong but that lasted about an hour. Checked into Holiday Inn and by that evening I was right into it all, bargaining, the busy streets and familiar faces that always remember us.

Sun continues to shine each day with showers almost every night, perfect.

Took a beautiful walk up the beach for a really nice sunset dinner on the sand at Wai Thai restaurant. Went to Phuket town weekend markets- few more bargains.

We organized a day trip to Phi Phi Island - very pretty and glad we went. Made the most of sunlight poolside/beachside swimming and lounging by day and did a bit more shopping at night (nearly all of my christmas shopping is now done). Bought pancakes from street cart most nights. Had another massage. Ate too much food and Even stopping for a cocktail here and there.

Perfect from start to finish and after 2 days home I already want to do it all again.

DD

Torrevieja, Spain
Level Contributor
248 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBR, last week of October to first week of November

Hi DD, thanks for writing your jbr. Our trip to Kata in Feb is creeping up. Nice to read any info, looking forward to going to Karon night markets & a cocktail or two.Can't beat a good market. thanks again.

Carol

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JBR, last week of October to first week of November

Thanks for sharing your time in Phuket with us and glad you enjoyed Phuket. We always stay in Kata and have also stayed at the Kata Beach resort which we like because it has direct beach access but if you return would you stay in Kata or Patong?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,154 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JBR, last week of October to first week of November

Thanks like a wonderful trip, cheers for the JBR! :D

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JBR, last week of October to first week of November

Chrella,

I found Kata and Patong very different, so I would split my time again and stay half in each. But next time i might save the relaxing wind down of Kata for the second half. I really enjoyed both and could not pick one over the other.

DD

australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JBR, last week of October to first week of November

Ahhhh last day in patong today

Its been great perfect weather

No one got the dreaded gastro or noro virus

Everyone had been talking about

Just sitting here lazing by the pool at the banthai

This time tomorrow be on a plane back home to melbourne and 15 degree weather aaahhhh!!!!

Had a great 10 days best time as usual

Love this place

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,915 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JBR, last week of October to first week of November

Thanks for your JBR and glad that you had a good time. Kata is my favourite area on Phuket, but then I am rather biased. :-)

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,833 posts
410 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JBR, last week of October to first week of November

Nice report DD, we are a bit partial to Kata as well :)

Cathy

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
57 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JBR, last week of October to first week of November

Hi

Visiting phuket in November end & plan to visit the phuket town weekend market. Is it worth a visit & do u get good bargains there. Could u pls let me know how much u paid for the stuff u bought there.... Handbags , shoes , t- shirts etc... Thank u

West Aust
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JBR, last week of October to first week of November

Thanks for the report. We like splitting our time between Kata and Patong too - good combo :)

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,763 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JBR, last week of October to first week of November

Lovely report. Love the beach at Kata, love the vibe of Patong . . .

Thanks for sharing.