We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a Jewelry

Mandal, Norway
4 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a Jewelry

Hi.

I'm now at Karon Beach, and i looking for a Jewelry that not sell fake products,

it not needed to be super cheep or cheep, just to be the real del.

I'v heard alot of scams, and also that the shops who looks genuine and stylish also can be rip offs.

Hope anybody get some good advices and recommandations, also warnings is well apreciated.

Best Regards¨Stian

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a Jewelry

Hi

If you're looking do the real deal then head to " Wang Talang " jeweler. The price are depends on the design, made. We bough sapphire, white gold pendent and white gold necklace have it values back in Australia and vey happy about it.

Cheers,

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a Jewelry

If you head into Patong P&C jewellery near the Holiday Inn are the real deal and come highly recommended on trip advisor by many people.

Mandal, Norway
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a Jewelry

Thanx, think i have to pay them a visit :)

Mandal, Norway
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a Jewelry

Thanx, think i have to pay them a visit :)

Cape Town Central...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a Jewelry

We bought jewellery at Wang Talang Jewelry. Be aware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While purchasing the jewellery we requested a valuation a we have received from another store, they instead gave us a cash invoice and some stone names scribbled on them and promised to deliver the certificates to the hotel. The insurance certificates never arrived at the hotel. We spent 1200Bath to our disappointment! When we arrived back in South Africa I took jewels straight to a jeweller to have them valued for insurance, without telling him where it had been bought. Only to be advised that we bought glass!!!!!!!

Needless to say there is no email address on the invoice and no one is answering the number provided.

So much of it being a reputable gemstone seller. They sell fake jewellery! To our grave disappointment!!!

Cape Town Central...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a Jewelry

Not true they sell fakes!!! I took my purchase to a local jeweller only to be very dissapointed

Queensland...
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a Jewelry

Head to the Gems Gallery - Worlds' Biggest Jewellery Store. Have bought jewellery there over the years and have always found the quality to be of a high standard. We checked out Wang Talang in April and wasn't impressed.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a Jewelry

To post # 5 is it 1200bath for a jewelry if so then you expect them to be glass. With due to respect why didn't they give you the certificates right there and then? Why they have to send it to the hotel.

If just doesn't add up to me !!

I am happy with my purchased and as said got it checked and valuation here in Perth and happy.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,866 posts
414 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a Jewelry

I have also purchased from Wang Talang and have had valued back in Australia, very very happy with my emeralds :) Huge store with so many goodies.

I have also purchased Thia gold from one of the gold shops on Montri Road, but for normal every day choices then Wang Talang is good.

Cathy

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
405 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a Jewelry

I am a guy and don't buy jewellery, except when in trouble with my wife..!!!

However I do know if I bought some for 1200 Baht ($40 AUD), I too would expect them to be glass.

I wouldn't be worrying about a valuation certificate either???