We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spending money?

Sydney, Australia
11 posts
Save Topic
spending money?

Hey I am travelling to phuket with my boyfriend in a couple of weeks. Can anyone advise how much spending money we will need? We are going for 2 weeks. Thanks!

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spending money?

Hey

that would depend on many things, shopping, meals, tours, transport

so are these things paid for? If they arent do you intend on dong many tours? much shopping? will you be eating in restaurants daily or just small cafes and street vendors? how will you be getting around?

Vinny

Sydney, Australia
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: spending money?

Hi

We are planning on doing shopping for clothes and we havent bought any tours yet, we are getting them over there as we heard this was cheaper than booking them from home. We will probably do about 4 tours.

As for food im not sure as i have never been there before. We will probably go to restaurants for dinner and cafes for lunch. Breakfast has been provided for us by our hotels.

Any idea would be a great help. Thanks so much

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,769 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: spending money?

Tours can be the most expensive of your costs. Eating out can be as cheap as you want it to be.

If you were to budget $100 per person per day I think you will come back with money.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,277 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: spending money?

Don't buy your tours through your hotel. I was dubious about buying tickets to one of the local shows through a "desk" in a back street, but it was perfectly OK and was LOTS cheaper than the hotel. There are a lot of cheap and really good restaurants. Stay away from the restaurants where you choose your fish and they cook it for you. Turns out to be very expensive. Clothes at the market are great and very cheap. Souvenirs and foot massages in the basement of Jung Ceylong are brilliant. The coffee shop on the outside of Jung Ceylon is also great

5. Re: spending money?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 05:17