We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight prices have shot up!!

Derby
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Flight prices have shot up!!

Just as I had decided on a hotel, I've gone to book the flight with Thai Airways leaving Jan 25th & they've gone from £680 pp to £925 pp overnight!!

Is this normal or does it have something to do with the protests?

They were excellent times with just one stop - have I just left it too late?

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight prices have shot up!!

Hi

Its normal because the closer to travel date the more expensive. Besides that the time is Peak season. Nothing to do with the demonstrations.

From my experience traveled in June from Perth to Bangkok with Thai airs cost me around $800 pp. My tickets this year end with Thai airs I paid over $1350 pp and I bought my tickets since May.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,954 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight prices have shot up!!

Yep, you have just left it too late.

London
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight prices have shot up!!

£925 is still a decent price given the notice. I paid £680 for my Feb flight back in June. It's £910 now. I expect it will be over £1000 in the next few weeks.

just checked your times in Skyscanner.com. Leaving 25th Jan, returning 2 weeks later, you can get £482 going with Etihad.

stockport
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight prices have shot up!!

keep checking, flights change all the time

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,266 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight prices have shot up!!

Amy

Leaving with Thai on 25/1 and returning 2 weeks later is £661 from Heathrow to Phuket but even cheaper elsewhere as said earlier.

Various other options are available from Manchester or Birmingham for under £700.

Jim

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,701 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight prices have shot up!!

Hi

You need to book early. We book flights then decide on hotels. We booked a Thai good price and have seem them increase by £300 per ticket! Buy when you see the deal, and the closer it gets to leaving the more expensive they get!

7. Re: Flight prices have shot up!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 05:17