We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling through phuket and beyond

Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
traveling through phuket and beyond

Been a month since I came back so my feet are itching to get back.stayed in karon for 12 nights as it was our first time in thailand but next year we are going yo try something a bit more adventurous.

The plan is 6 nights karon.3 nights patong.5 nights phi phi don then to finish of 6/7 nights khaolak. Comencing last few days of oct

firstly is this doable or is it to much traveling . Secondly a couple of mid range hotels would be nice if anybody could recommend.

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
900 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traveling through phuket and beyond

End of October MIGHT get you some deals yet.

I believe low season prices end mid-Oct.

Try Swiss Palm in Patong. Very nice but possibly too expensive, depends if you can get the summer price.

Much cheaper and not far away is PS2.

For Khao Lak, I'e been (in low season) to the BhandariReesort. Very nice and reasonable if you can get the good price.

Don't know much about PhiPhi but try the forum over there.

Of course there are thousands of other options.

Good luck and have fun.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traveling through phuket and beyond

The trip to Phi phi could be rough in October.

NW England
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traveling through phuket and beyond

Poppa Palace is good in Patong, nice hotel and should be 1400baht or so: http://www.poppapalace.com/

I agree about the Phi Phi trip, October is the end of the monsoon season and it can be a little rough. Generally though if the weather is ok then the crossing will be ok. 5 nights might be a bit much on Phi Phi.

I'm not sure that I would finish up in Khao Lak, Phuket might be better at the end of your trip because it's much closer to the airport.

4. Re: traveling through phuket and beyond

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2014, 05:16