We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the politcal demonstration situation in phuket.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What is the politcal demonstration situation in phuket.

Hi, Guys.

I am travelling to phuket on 18th dec for my honeymoon.

I am concerned because of the demonstrations which are going on in Thailand at present. I have read news reports that the demonstrations have spread outside Bangkok.

Could someone who is holidaying in phuket at present advise me on this.

is it safe to travel at this point? what is the situation on ground at present in phuket.

Regards

Sombir

London, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the politcal demonstration situation in phuket.

Phuket had absolutely no issues right noe. Everything is normal. Even in Bangkok you would not be affected very much.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the politcal demonstration situation in phuket.

Hi Mike,

Thanx for your prompt response.

I was concerned bcoz its all over news.

Are you at present holidaying in phuket?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,640 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the politcal demonstration situation in phuket.

When did you last read the news and when did you last read that there were any protests outside Bangkok? There were some local protests outside Bangkok but nothing that involved tourists or tourist areas. I travelled to my current destination 2 weeks ago driving down from Bangkok, spending 3 nights there and 4 nights in other places on the way to my current destination which is an hour from Phuket which we visited a few days. Absolutely no sign of any protests anywhere!

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,537 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the politcal demonstration situation in phuket.

Zip

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the politcal demonstration situation in phuket.

@Arandora - I read some news pieces regarding demonstrations at the phuket town hall. also,came across some pieces that were talking about violence in the southern province.

London, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the politcal demonstration situation in phuket.

Yes there was a demonstration for a few hours on one day at Phuket Provincal Hall,but that was peaceful and not in a tourist area

The problems in southern provinces are something completely different that have been going on for decades. It a very long way from Phuket and has never had any affect on Phuket, otherwise tourist numbers would not keep increasing every year.

Edited: 16 December 2013, 10:21
London, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the politcal demonstration situation in phuket.

Bear in mind the news you get is both exaggerated and several days old. The news l read about your country sounds scary too.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,385 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the politcal demonstration situation in phuket.

Agree Mike, so it is good that the OP asked the question here on the forum.

And yes, all quiet here, even if you wanted to you would not be able to notice any political unrest.

9. Re: What is the politcal demonstration situation in phuket.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 06:20