We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Kradan to Koh Yao Noi - must be a better way?

London, England...
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Koh Kradan to Koh Yao Noi - must be a better way?

Hi,

We need to travel from Koh Kraden to Koh Yao Noi in high season. We are short of time as only on holiday for a short time so need to know quickest way from Koh Kradan island to Koh Yao Noi?

So far from my hours of research I see the option of a tigerline ferry from Koh Kradan to Phuket Rassanda pier which takes 3.5hrs and then a speedboat from Phuket Bang Rong pier to Koh Yao Noi which only takes 50 mins. But I understand these two piers aren't that close to each other so we would have to take a taxi between the two (which would take about 1h30m) and then get the boat connection either side? In total this adds up to 5hrs - is there a quicker way? I thought flying may be faster and wondered if could fly from Trang to Phuket but seems you cant directly.

Would really appreciate your experienced ideas on how better to do this as it seems quite long winded? :)

Many thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Kradan to Koh Yao Noi - must be a better way?

Hi Justine . Well i have an idea . We have been to both islands and firstly i would like to say those are 2 of my favourites. Both are incredible for different reasons. Ko Kradan ,for it's beaches and great snorkelling. Ko yao noi for it's quiet rural atmosphere and friendly muslim fishing villages.

I think it might be easier to get a ferry from Kradan to Lanta ,then to Krabi. From Krabi there is a pier 30 minutes north that has boats going to Ko yao noi and yai. we did this trip a few years ago but in reverse. I would think it would be shorter and more direct, if ferry schedules match up. If you have not booked accomodation ,i know of some nice spots on both islands . Good luck.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Kradan to Koh Yao Noi - must be a better way?

Hi two4travel, im also going to this islands in January. Could u give your hotels suggestions?

Cant wait to be there!!!! Thanks

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Kradan to Koh Yao Noi - must be a better way?

Hi Justine, we are also going to both islands but will do two4travel's route, but we are staying in krabi and lanta for a few days.

Hope u have a great time!

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,010 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh Kradan to Koh Yao Noi - must be a better way?

I would take a longtail from Kradan to the nearest mainland port which is called Pak Meng and get met by a private transfer to drive to Thalen where boats go to Koh Yao throughout the day. The longtail takes about 1 hour. The road transfer maybe 2-3 hours. Your hotel on Kradan can arrange the longtail and private transfer.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Koh Kradan to Koh Yao Noi - must be a better way?

Fabiani m : All depends on your budget on both islands. We have been to ko yao noi a couple of times and stayed at Sabai corner on both occasions . Bungalows on a jungle hill and down to the ocean . Beach there is not great but very scenic and swimmable at high tide . Great italian restaurant.affordable. 40- 50 U.S . lom Lai bungalows was very nice but secluded. On Ko Kradan , we stayed at at Kradan bungalow resort. Not to be confused with Kradan island resort.(which is cramped and dumpy). I think they have changed the name now. This was a budget place with old style bamboo huts on a great beach and reef. 25 U.S. But the sky is the limit at both islands. Like i said depends on your taste and budget. Sawadee .com has some listings for both . some of the names are escaping me now . It's been a couple years. And bill2p is dead on .that is your best route,and yes i remmeber Ao thalen pier.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Koh Kradan to Koh Yao Noi - must be a better way?

Two4travel,

Thank u. Im gonna check the ones u recommend.

7. Re: Koh Kradan to Koh Yao Noi - must be a better way?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2014, 05:19