We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miya Thai, massages and fruit shakes part 3.

melbourne
Level Contributor
313 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Miya Thai, massages and fruit shakes part 3.

Part 3 continues .....

Day 10 - 29/12

We had a phi phi trip,with the very lovely Igor from Sweedreamers. Pick up for this was just before 7 and off we headed to the marina with 6 others to be met by a most apologetic Igor and Delphine saying that the trip was cancelled due to high winds. They had contacted the taco company to. to pick up anyone up but it didn't happen. They had tried ringing and emailing but obviously that early no one checked. So what can you do it's better that safety is a priority over profit. Having done the crossing in a private speedboat last year in what had to be at least 20 knot winds I can testify it is not at all a fun journey and although disappointed don't blame them at all. So off we went back to the hotel and slept til 1030. By then Delphine had refunded the deposit too as we couldn't re book.

Finally got a table at number 6 over the road. The queues for this place are unbelievable through out the day. Anyway had delicious pork Thai style and chicken yellow noodles with fruit shakes for 300thb. Quick, delicious, healthy and cheap. The hype is worth it but go before midday or be prepared to queue!!.

Back to the pool for a bit then decided to do 4.00 gym session stopping for a guava on the way - love this fruit.

Fruit shake on the way back not usual place as machine broken. One on RatUThit that does pancakes as well near the Royal Paradise hotel. They were 100 baht each - way too much. And too much banana so it was super thick.

Massage at one of the places near all the seafood restaurants was good - back and shoulders was fantastic. Steering clear of the foot.

Dinner at number 99 seafood was lovely - fresh BBQ sea bass, prawns and a salad with iced tea came to 1100 thb - an expensive meal,here but worth it for the freshness and quality. The prawns were massive. Lovely little restaurant all the staff really friendly and enjoying themselves.

Aussie bar for drinks (non alcohol for me) and pool. Always someone to talk to here and this time a first time visiting couple from Fitzroy Crossing who were a tad overwhelmed!!

Day 11 - 29/12

Number 6 again for brunch - Thai omelette and chicken with cashew nuts and shakes - 350. Again it was delicious.

Negotiated a taxi (not tuk tuk) for 1600thb to go to gibbon project and Bang Ro (spelling) waterfall. Worthwhile journey to make to see the work they are doing and chat to the volunteers. Not a tourist attraction and not set up as one. Bought 2 coffee mugs and made a donation. The irony of people gooing and aaahing and videoing the gibbons of the project was I guess lost on those doing it. Maybe it's just me but that just seemed wrong to me in a place of conservation and protection to be exhibiting the behaviours that cause the gibbons to be there in the first place, rant over. Wish I had known about that restaurant nearby - the floating one as would have been a great stop on the way back. Got an iced tea from one of the stalls instead. We had walked up,to,the waterfall also - I couldn't go all the way as the path got a bit dodgy for my foot and didn't want to slip. Lots of people swimming and picnicking in the area was nice to see.

Back to hotel and the pool. A bit hazy today. Still no rain at all. Tried to get a phi phi trip on the 31st but with late notice Simba and off spray all booked. Mark from PST was working on it for us.

Down to Jungceylon via guava stall. Basement shopping for a few necessary and vital diffusers and other lovely smelly things I always fill my bags with lol.

Massage at welcome massage. Very good but a little too strong. She said you strong muscles I give strong massage. It was an uneven match!!

Dinner at Dang - tom Kha Gai and chicken curry for 300thb. Yummy. But a little over the bits of galangal and lemongrass as they are so chewy and hard to avoid especially the lemongrass.

Pool at Patricks - no my foot still not better.

Bangla stadium again for Muay Thai - one of the trainers was fighting. We left after his fight - second last one.

Day 12 - 30/12

Quick hotel breakfast then gym. A lot there today and the young trainer there is still telling me he will kill me. All in good fun and I say to him probably with one hand. Again praise for all the trainers there - all so knowledgable and helpful.

Fruit shake on the way back. Machine fixed!! Tried pomelo and dragon fruit for a change - not great. Kind of grapefruity.

Time by the pool. 2 kittens are really cute. One more friendly than the other and will,sit on your lounge if you pick it up. Weather again hazy and windy today.

Back at gym early for a weights session and then Muay Thai at 4. Learnt a spinning elbow strike that had my elbow blown up a bit from the impact right on the point of it where you strike. Very effective and would not want to be in receiving end of one haha. Have also learnt spinning kick. Can't do it on right foot though until it's better. Going around with it constantly strapped and taped now and it helps but movement limited and positive it's a stress fracture.

Fruit shake on way back.

Massage at VIP 200 each. Had a foot - told them just very soft as hurt and it was fine and soooo relaxing.

Got dr dre earphones for 1200thb - a big and small pair (3 dff sizes). Think this was ok price.

Dinner at Red Boat - sea bass and salad and black curry paste squid, spring rolls and drinks for 900thb.

Pool at Patricks.

No luck with Phi Phi so atv tomorrow.

Day 13 - 31/12

Eggs at number 6 this morning then pick up for atv tour at 11. Booked through phuket atv and happy,with them. Did the 2 hour. First hour was the easier hour and then the rest of the group went off for elephant trekking so just us in the second. I have never ridden a motorbike or atv and was quite apprehensive but it was all good and got the hang of it quickly. Probably wouldn't recommend the 2nd hour for younger kids or those who aren't confident about trying this sort of stuff as it got a bit hairy at times. But lots of fun and well run. Fruit and water at the end.

Weather still a bit hazy. Went to pool on arrival back around 3 but mostly in shade so sat around and did some iPad stuff.

It's NYE so had a frozen banana daiquiri and it was lovely. First drink in 6 months. Lazed about then had another daiquiri out the front and watched the crowds building. Soi Sansabai always busy had been made one way for tonight.

Quick dinner at Jasmine Thai of chicken satay and crisp pork salad. Really good.

Walked down to the beach had a look around - disco on the sand up and running but only a handful of people about there. Back to the Aussie Bar and sat there till 11. The crowds on Bangla were phenomenal. Silly string everywhere - banned in Aussie bar. Got video and photos from safety of the bar.

Decided to head down to beach at 11 or so. Massive crush of people,headed that way and it was literally a sea of people. Got to the disco on the sand and danced the new year in with 10000s of others. Dancing putting it a little strongly as movement barely possible in the crowd. Had a lot of fun though. Headed back down Bangla about 1230 as my foot stomped on once too many times. Now that was an experience - it took at least 20 minutes from the beach to Aussie bar in the crowd. Stayed there til,2 and called it a night. Happy new year everyone.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miya Thai, massages and fruit shakes part 3.

Great report again... I'll be trying the shakes when I'm there in July.. :)

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,926 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miya Thai, massages and fruit shakes part 3.

Fantastic, loving all your reports :)

Cathy

Maitland, Australia
Level Contributor
610 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miya Thai, massages and fruit shakes part 3.

Yes absolutely love reading your adventures. Keep them coming. We Also did the gibbon and bang pae waterfall when we were over there in September. Sam

4. Re: Miya Thai, massages and fruit shakes part 3.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2015, 06:19