We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sailing tours in May / June?

Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Sailing tours in May / June?

Hi

Are sailing tours available in May / June - being low / monsoon season? We are interested in day tours just sailing around the seas or may be a sunset tour.

Thx

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,568 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sailing tours in May / June?

The winds in May / June can lead to unpredictable sea conditions, so even if you book a tour now it might be necessary to cancel if the weather is poor.

Contact Phuket Sail Tours and ask them. http://www.phuketsailtours.com/

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
773 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sailing tours in May / June?

Another option is to contact Phuket boat charter, they have many different options for boats and know the area well after 20 years.

you can read their reviews at: tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g293920-d3…

good luck!

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
885 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sailing tours in May / June?

Popular sailing tours from Phuket are:

Phi Phi Island

Phang Nga (James Bond Island and surrounding places) + sea canoeing

Raya + Coral Island

Best sunset tour is by John Gray 'Hong by Starlight' (in Phang Nga) .

There is a vast difference in price offered (more than 50%) by other players for similar tours but the experience and quality is completely different with tours from the mentioned players.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,402 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sailing tours in May / June?

We went with Phuket Sail tours in the first week of July. On the day we were booked to travel the weather was awful and Mark called us and cancelled. He said it would be no fun for him or us to go out in poor weather conditions. The next day was perfect and we had a fantastic day out. Only 6 of us on the boat, lunch at a secluded beach and relaxing sailing away from the crowds. I haven't been with Jon Gray but I hear they are excellent also.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sailing tours in May / June?

Great !

Thx all - I think we should be ok - as we are in Phuket for 7 days in early May. As advised by one of the boat charters, we will plan for the tour during the early part of our stay - giving us some flexibility in case of bad weather.

We will be staying near Kamala Beach (Phuket Hyatt) - but mostly will also have a rental car.

Thx again.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sailing tours in May / June?

We are usually in Phuket in May and have always been able to do boat tours but if the weather isn't good on the day of your tour it will be postponed to another day but it's inportant to book with a reputable company like Phuket Sail Tours.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sailing tours in May / June?

Hi

By Phuket Sail Tours I presume you mean this one:

http://www.phuketsailtours.com/

There is also:

sailingtourphuket.com/phuket-sailing-sweet-d… - which looks equally good.

But the reviews of Phuket Sail Tours look good.

Thx

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sailing tours in May / June?

Yes Kato, everyone in the post is referring to your 1st link for Phuket Sail tour. They are an excellent company, infact they are the only day trip now when I go to Phuket. Already enquired for my September trip

Michelle

9. Re: Sailing tours in May / June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 06:21