We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Dreamliner vs Thai airways - London to Phuket?

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson Dreamliner vs Thai airways - London to Phuket?

Has anyone flown on both the Thomson Dreamliner direct, and Thai Airways connecting in Bangkok, from London.. how does the experience compare? In terms of seat comfortability, entertainment etc? Relatively similar in price, although The Thompson is a shorter journey.. but unsure due to the various technical problems it's been having, and I can't seem to find any independent reviews of the aircraft in comparison to other non-budget airlines..

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Dreamliner vs Thai airways - London to Phuket?

Just google reviews of it. Here are 2 I found

seatplans.com/airlines/…user-reviews

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k6665…

Linda

Edited: 28 January 2014, 22:49
London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson Dreamliner vs Thai airways - London to Phuket?

Just read some negative reviews specifically referring to the thailand trip.. www.airlinequality.com/Forum/thomson.htm

So probably looking to go with another airline... only flown thai airways before.. any other recommendations for airlines to look at from London?

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Dreamliner vs Thai airways - London to Phuket?

Thai are pretty good. Full service.

Linda

Edited: 29 January 2014, 00:04
Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson Dreamliner vs Thai airways - London to Phuket?

We have just returned from a 2 week trip, using Thomson Dreamliner. We upgraded to their Premium Club service, which is what other airlines call premium. The flight, the seats, the food and the service were all good. The IFE worked well, but the selection of films did not Impress.

Last year we flew EVA Air to Bangkok, again Premium, then on to Phuket with Thai.

If we do it again, we will go with Thomson, because it is quicker and less stressful.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson Dreamliner vs Thai airways - London to Phuket?

Did you feel that it was the same quality as Eva - in terms of the flight comfort? Many thanks!

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson Dreamliner vs Thai airways - London to Phuket?

I have flown twice with Thai Airlines to Bangkok and I could not fault the service and quality of food throughout. I have just returned from a holiday to Phuket flying with Thomson on the new Dreamliner and although the plane was very comfortable and I did not feel so jet lag when I arrived as usual, the service and quality of food on board detracted from the comfort of the flight. I was astounded to find that we had to pay for all of our drinks, something I have never done on a long haul flight before. Not even wine with dinner was free and believe me, you needed something to wash down the barely edible food!!! We were flying on New Year's Eve so you would have thought they could of at least given everyone one glass of wine as a token gesture. The cabin staff did not come round offering water at any time (other than with meals), we had to ask everytime which I feel, on a 13 hour flight, should be forthcoming. Finally, there were only 3 toilets, one of which the toilet seat lid would not stay up and they were quite disgustingly dirty by the time we got a fair way through the flight, one so much so that I could not use it!! I have complained to Thomson about all of the above issues but their response was totally inadequate. I would not fly with them again and although it is a hassle to have to fly into Bangkok and change airlines, I would rather that than fly with an airline that does not appear to be bothered with the service that they provide on board to their passengers.

London, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson Dreamliner vs Thai airways - London to Phuket?

Very helpful - thanks! How did the seats compare?

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson Dreamliner vs Thai airways - London to Phuket?

Actually on a 12 hour plus flight, you would think some drinks would be included, and at the very least, wine with meal and water offered at regular intervals.

That alone would make me favour Thai Airlines over the Thompson Dreamliner.

How much quicker is the Dreamliner to Thailand compared to other airlines?

Edited: 03 February 2014, 20:59
norfolk
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson Dreamliner vs Thai airways - London to Phuket?

Also if you are going to do Bangkok as well as Phuket or areas in that region, you will still have to do an internal flight anyway.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson Dreamliner vs Thai airways - London to Phuket?

Emirates fly to Phuket and they are great to fly with. You have a quick change-over in Dubai but it's a good opportunity to stretch your legs and get off the plane for a while. Food is always great and plenty of drink, water and juices served... without having to pay for them either. And that includes wine with dinner! Great choice of films too.