We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to see/do in Phuket

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Things to see/do in Phuket

I am going to Phuket in a week, and would love some suggestions on what to do!

I am not really into spas or like fancy restaurants. I want to eat at local places and experience the culture of Phuket. I also love hiking, nature, and animals, so any ideas that have those themes in them are great!

I also love swimming and snorkeling. Do you guys have any advice? It doesn't have to be directly in Phuket either, any ideas just outside of Phuket are do-able.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to see/do in Phuket

Hi there,

my 1st suggestion is have a look at the following website, you will find plenty of info

cathyandgarystravelpages.com/phuket.htm

Vinny

Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
646 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to see/do in Phuket

Hmmm:

1. Rent a jet ski?

2. Rent a motorbike, leaving your passport and a credit card with them for security and safe-keeping?

2. Play a scratch game and collect your prize?

4. Jump in a taxi and see what the fare will be (it's the best value around)?

Maybe read up on such things before arriving, so that you don't stumble over such stuff - and can get more of the good stuff, as from CathyAndGary's Website and postings here.

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to see/do in Phuket

Hello Carolyn.

Also look at FAQ on the right. Then go to 'things to do' up the top, and after that 'activities'.

Lots of advice and reviews from previous travellers.

Good luck,

Mark.

Phuket Sail Tours.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,718 posts
352 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to see/do in Phuket

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g293920-Activi…

Geelong
Level Contributor
425 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to see/do in Phuket

Visit Tiger Kingdom & an Elephant ride.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
22 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to see/do in Phuket

Goodness the list is endless. That's why I love living in Phuket... :-)

Eating... Laem Hin Seafood Restaurant (near Phuket Town), Som Restaurant (Laguna end of Bangtao beach), Tunk-Ka restaurant (Phuket Town).

Siam Safari 4-1 tour - Elephant ride, thai cooking demo, monkey (coconut harvesting) and water buffalo. It's a great all in one experience.

A day trip to Phi Phi island.

A personal favourite of mine is the John Gray Sea Canoe tour. A great day out on the water in the National Park area, stunning scenery, swimming and sea canoeing. Great food too.

If you want to experience a local market recommend the Phuket Weekend Night Market. If you visit it on a shopping tour with a guide they can explain all the local delicacies and fruits. It's an experience not to be missed.

I hope that gives you a starting point. Feel free to ask any more specific questions.

Kind regards

Nirelle

Phuket Shopping Tours

7. Re: Things to see/do in Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2015, 06:19