We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking the ferry from patong to krabi

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Topic
Taking the ferry from patong to krabi

Hi , is it safe to take the ferry from Patong going to Krabi on the 3rd week of March, most of the forums just mentions driving to Krabi, and can we do a DIY ferry day trip to Phi Phi and then take the 4:30 ferry going back to Patong ?

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking the ferry from patong to krabi

As i know there is ferrys running between Phuket-Krabi (AoNang Beach) for around 800-1000BHT for about 1and half hour.

Another way is to take a ferry from Phuket-PhiPhi Island and stay there for few days if u likethan catch another ferry from PhiPhi-AoNang Krabi.

About a day trip to PhiPhi island; i thin it will cost u 600BHT. I would suggest you to take a day trip if u like as u will be able to vist Maya Bay and other tourist destination plus you will have 1 hour to walk around PhiPhi island.

They have different boats and different prices; we have took the big boat and arranged to be dropped in PhiPhi island as it was the last station for that company before they go back to Phuket.

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,871 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking the ferry from patong to krabi

Hi,

If the seas are rough the ferries will not run. To make the most of Phi Phi you should spend at least one night there.

3. Re: Taking the ferry from patong to krabi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 06:18