We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

karon or kamala

perth WA
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
karon or kamala

i was wondering about peoples opinions on karon beach or kamala beach in July? Would like somewhere with restaurant choices in walking distance.

Thank you.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: karon or kamala

We've never stayed in Kamala but we have stayed at Karon, Kata and Rawai. Hands down I pick Karon. For its location, the accessability of great restaurants, massages, etc. The hotel we stay at has a lot to do with it too but Karon has a great atmosphere, close enough or far away enough from the "action" depending on how you look at it. Don't get me wrong there are some great bars to party at on Karon but its not as hectic as Patong.

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: karon or kamala

Hi,

As regular visitors to Kamala i would suggest Kamala IF you are looking for a relaxing time, beaches are clean, local people are friendly & helpful, great bars on the beach & in the town, 15 mins from Patong by tuk tuk (350 baht approx) beautiful restaurants along the beach & in town.

Kamala is a bit more quieter than Karon so it depends on what you are looking for

Vinny

perth WA
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: karon or kamala

Thanks for your reply. Where do you stay in Karon. Going with older teenage kids so nothing too quiet for us and walking distance to restaurants. Thanks

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: karon or kamala

Hi, I would also check out Kata as the beach is better in July but remember it's monsoon season so often the beaches will be red flagged.

5. Re: karon or kamala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 06:18