We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to travel to Phuket?

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is it safe to travel to Phuket?

Hi,

I am planning to visit Phuket in middle of March. I will directly be flying into Phuket. Considering the currrent unrest in Thailand, is it safe to travel there right now?

Thanks

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it safe to travel to Phuket?

Hi,

going from all the many posts on this specific subject i would say yes it is, any protests in Phuket have been very peaceful but im sure someone that is there now will be able to inform you better.

Vinny

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it safe to travel to Phuket?

I'm here right now, and I've seen no trouble at all....everything seems normal. We came from bangkok where we saw the protestors, and there is nothing like that in kata, karon or patong.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,518 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it safe to travel to Phuket?

It has Been perfectly safe to travel to Phuket since the protests mainly in Bangkok started in November, it is safe now and there is no reason to believe it will not be safe in March. Keep away from any protest sites, if there are any in Phuket, and enjoy your holiday.

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
885 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it safe to travel to Phuket?

Keep reading

http://www.phuketgazette.net/

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,973 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it safe to travel to Phuket?

Life is as usual here on Phuket.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,566 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it safe to travel to Phuket?

There has been no danger in visiting Phuket since protests started.

A quick internet search would have told you this.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,342 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it safe to travel to Phuket?

Unfortunately most people don't bother doing any research or reading at all, hence all the stupid questions that are being asked again & again & again on Thailand forums.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it safe to travel to Phuket?

People come to this forum rather than going elsewhere to get the most up to date information. They aren't stupid questions, they are the right questions being asked of the people most likely to be able to give accurate up to date information. I'd much rather ask the expats and others on the ground in Thailand than rely on Google or other unreliable media.

9. Re: Is it safe to travel to Phuket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 23:05
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it safe to travel to Phuket?

Isn't that what a travel forum is for?

This is the place to ask the experts and on the ground travellers for advise whatever the concerns may be.

Glad you got some informative responses Vipul. Have a great holiday.