We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Bangkok crises affects phuket ?

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Does Bangkok crises affects phuket ?

Does bangkok crises affects phuket ? Im traveling in the end of march?how is the weather then ? And im staying at Trisara resort , is it close to the shops and markets ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,531 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does Bangkok crises affects phuket ?

No crisis in Phuket.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293915-s208/Thailand…

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does Bangkok crises affects phuket ?

I am going to Bangkok at the end of this month...should I be worried about staying there with the current problems..or am I advised to change my itinary?,,Many thanks for advice!

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,172 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does Bangkok crises affects phuket ?

VeeeB, not sure why you have posted a query about Bangkok on the Phuket forum ?.

Probably better to have a good read of whats been posted on the Bangkok forum about the current situation & then decide what to do

Edited: 01 March 2014, 11:53
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does Bangkok crises affects phuket ?

No it isn't affecting anything in Phuket. Also I was in bangkok before they scaled back the sites and all was ok

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
17 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does Bangkok crises affects phuket ?

Thank u :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,287 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does Bangkok crises affects phuket ?

Locals in Phuket have their opinions about the political problems if you ask, but they are too polite to bother you usually, unless you ask about it. Also you are staying in the Thalang district which is a long way north, away from busier centres like Phuket town and Patong anyway. They had some peaceful protest rallies in Phuket town last year attended by some locals, but there has not been any trouble in Phuket.

I dont know about shopping near your hotel but for example the well known Jungceylon Shopping Centre is in the Patong Bay area, which i think is around 20 kilometres south of where you are staying.

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
337 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Does Bangkok crises affects phuket ?

There is only Lumpini park protest site in Bangkok now. Traffic already gets back to normal.

8. Re: Does Bangkok crises affects phuket ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 06:17