We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do i book flights from Phuket to Singapore? How much?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
551 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How do i book flights from Phuket to Singapore? How much?

We will be staying in Phuket for 15 days but would like to fly to perhaps Singapore or Bangkok. Does anybody know which airlines flyes these routes and roughly how much i can expect to pay in Australian dollars? Thanks in advance,

Annette

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,306 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do i book flights from Phuket to Singapore? How much?

Hi Anette,

Jetstar Asia and Tiger Airways fly from Phuket to Singapore - though not on a daily basis. Silkair (the regional wing of Singapore Airlines) operate daily flights too - but prices are much more expensive since it's a full-fledged instead of budget carriers like the two above.

We paid S$135 for a return trip SIN-Phuket-SIN on Jetstar Asia. A friend who travelled with us but who booked her air tickets much later paid approximately S$170.

Thai Airasia flies from Phuket to Bangkok.

Check out their websites for more information.

Good Luck!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
94 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do i book flights from Phuket to Singapore? How much?

We booked one way tickets on Tiger Airways from Phuket to Singapore on July 3rd. It was 7100 Thai Baht or about $200 USD, including taxes for four adults.

Taxes & surchages were more than the actual tickets (3240 baht for tickets + 3860 baht taxes & surchages). The price doesn't include the Thailand airport departure tax which I think was 500 baht per passenger.

We booked on their website, printed the confirmations and had no problems and the flight was fine, airplane was clean and less than half full. Could have been because we weren't in high season.

Note that many people say Tiger is strict on weight/size of luggage, but if you are on the same itinerary, you are allowed to pool your luggage allowance together. Some people prefer JetStar Asia or Nok Air and there are many discount airlines there that are discussed in these forums.

And yes, the prices can fluctuate daily so it's better to check ahead and see what price ranges come up over several weeks, if you have the time. Prices ranged from as low as 650 baht to 2100 baht for the early July dates, depending on what day I looked at their website.

Good luck and have fun in Phuket

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do i book flights from Phuket to Singapore? How much?

We have just booked return flights from Phuket to Bangkok in January with Air Asia in January via there website. It has cost us A$270 for 3 return fares including taxes. We have used them previously without problem and its only a short flight. Check out there website www.airasia.com.

Cheers

Catherine

Leicester
Level Contributor
455 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do i book flights from Phuket to Singapore? How much?

I have used both Tiger and Jetstar for this trip and although Tiger was a little cheaper I much prefer Jetstar. As far as I am aware they are the only budget carrier who issue boarding passes which is a godsend when travelling with kids, with Tiger it was a scrum at Phuket airport even though families with kids and old/infirm were supposed to board first.

The main trick with the budget airlines is to book as far in advance as possible to get the best fares and all these carriers have pretty good online reservation systems but you can only book six months in advance usually so depending on when you are travelling I should start shopping around now.

Have a great trip

Corner of Earth
Level Contributor
459 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do i book flights from Phuket to Singapore? How much?

if you are thinking of the budget airlines to Singapore (which I recommend since it's such a short flight), like what previous posters advised, it's good to check rates early and make comparisons at least on weekly basis. The difference can be significant as there are constant promotions. Do note that most times taxes and surcharges comes up to more than the ticket itself (that's a current phenomenal that's happening to airline industries ain't it? How weird).

Jetstar will be the better choice if the price difference is minimal as they have seat allocations and also lands at Changi International Airport instead of the Budget Terminal. If you come in through the budget terminal you don't have the aero bridges so you'll have to haul your hand luggages with you, walking maybe a few minutes in the rain before reaching sheltered area. And since it's budget, the infra-structures and facilities in the budget airport is different from Changi, though still acceptable with some cafes available. But believe me, the difference is of course very obvious.

6. Re: How do i book flights from Phuket to Singapore? How much?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 04:16