We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still cheap bungalows in Phuket

Perth, Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Still cheap bungalows in Phuket

I haven't been to Phuket in 15-20 yrs an was wondering if there is still cheap bungalows for rent there?

Last time I stayed around karon(?) beach which had lots of cheap places to stay an a real laid back atmosphere. What's it like now?

I've heard you need a fair bit if cash to go there these days is this true also.

Cheers guys

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,676 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Still cheap bungalows in Phuket

Quite a few cheaper places in the Kata area. And places like Yanui, Ao Sane could remind you of Karon 20 (or even more) years ago.

Perth, Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Still cheap bungalows in Phuket

Yeah that sounds spot on. That's about where I was staying 20 yrs ago to,at karon beach. About how much for 2 in a bungalow?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,894 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Still cheap bungalows in Phuket

...or alternatively you could really spoil yourself and stay in a 4 to 5 star hotel for a fraction of what you would pay in Australia. $1000 for a week of luxury is money well spent in my book. (I also used to go camping in Australia 20 years ago...but not any more! :)

4. Re: Still cheap bungalows in Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 05:18