We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Five Girls in phuket for the 1st time :-)

New York
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Five Girls in phuket for the 1st time :-)

Helloo All..

We are going to be in phuket the first week of April.. We are all in our early thirties and will be staying at Le Méridien Phuket Beach.. One of the things that we want to do visit Phi Phi Island, ride the elephants and probably James Bond Island.. We was told to wait until we arrive to book any tours.. Should we really wait???

We also would like to go see one ofthose ping pong show (Any recommendations on that?)

Muscat Governorate...
Destination Expert
for Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Five Girls in phuket for the 1st time :-)

Hello there

I did not know about having Elephent trekking in the south. LoL. Quick search In google results 5 places of Elephent Trekking in Phuket. Check it out;

phuket.com/phuket-magazine/phuket-elephant-t…

You can do 2 tours from Phuket, one going to Phanga Bay and the second to PhiPhi island side. Both of them are nice and the cost will be around 1000-1200 BHT per person in big boat with other tourists including lunch, kayak, snorkelling and beaches.

As an advice, if u have not booked for whole week yet, than consider staying at PhiPhi for a couple of night. You will like it.

Have fun :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,347 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Five Girls in phuket for the 1st time :-)

Yes you can book your boat trip once you arrive, but my advice is to not, and book now (may already be too late to get a spot) with one of the recommended operators on here like Phuket Sail Tours, Simba and the like. Yes it will cost you more, but IMO saftey is the most important thing, and you will have a much nicer trip and not over crowded.

As for Ping Pong, be aware show is free but drinks will cost a fortune, better to spend your money on shopping girls oh and massages, and cocktails

Michelle

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Five Girls in phuket for the 1st time :-)

Yes...agrees with Michelle....The ping pong shows are not all that....Been there done that....I'm a straight guy and after half an hour,thought to myself,it's time to leave....Borrrrrring...!!....Save your cash for shopping...!!..The dancing girls seemed so bored and lifeless....!!..??...But I guess if you do this every night.....

James Bond Island is totally aimed at the tourist $$$....I'd skip that tour and perhaps go for the Koh Pan Yi (fishing village)trip.....More cultural...!!

And yes...Safety is a big factor...Only a few months ago,a ferry sank in Pattaya/Thailand...Overcrowded..!!

I always check the weather forecast in my hotel foyer before I book my trip...If the next day is fine,then I book at the tour office....

As for elephant trekking....Check out elephant training in Thailand on Youtube and then make up your own mind if this is really what you want to do.....

Phuket
Level Contributor
577 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Five Girls in phuket for the 1st time :-)

Hi , Try clicking on the green 'Things to do' button at the top of this page and then on the 'Activities' button for a list of reputable operators offering tours to the Phi Phi Islands and beyond .

Giles , Offspray Leisure Speed Boat Day Trips , Phuket

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Five Girls in phuket for the 1st time :-)

Hi, I would book your island tour before you go. We went in feb, and went with Phuket sail tours, it was excellent, the tour guide was great. We did go past bond island but did not go ashore as it looked to jam packed, not that pst dock there, so much more to see and do. We had lunch at a fishing village on stilts, and it was very yummy, and plenty of shopping. Ping pong shows, lol......we went to one in patpong in bangkok, it was well different. Got to go at least once, to say you've done it, but as stated only but one drink, and pay cash up front, don't run a tab.

Have fun girls.

New York
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Five Girls in phuket for the 1st time :-)

Thanks You all for your help!!!!

Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Five Girls in phuket for the 1st time :-)

Do u want to meet up? Pm me, i'm going to be there same time, but in bangtao

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Five Girls in phuket for the 1st time :-)

Don't book anything now, wait until you get there and you could just book the day before.

See the forecast and then you can dictate the day you want to go and book. And sometimes in Phuket they usually have bars closed for Buddha day etc and it's perfect to book jus morning after because you will most likely get an early sleep. Most tours are an early pickup - I mean 6-7am so you don't want to be up until 4am.. Or do you?

I disagree with most comments here, don't book now. Book when you get there and it will save you so much money and you can decide when you want to go.

Nothing to be worried about..

I have never been to a ping pong show and I have heard drinks cost you between 1000-2000 baht.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Just go to a go-go bar and you will see some shows there!

Donald, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Five Girls in phuket for the 1st time :-)

Myself and three girlfriends have just returned from ten days in Phuket and we would highly recommend the Thai Cookery School if you are interested in food. It is a great day with first a visit to the food market then lots of fun with instructions, cooking and eating delicious food! The location is beautiful, right on the beach and lots of fun. Check out the tripadvisor info on them but we thought it was a great day. Enjoy your trip!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Five Girls in phuket for the 1st time :-)

Don't listen to some of the above ...If you want to see a ping pong show then do it !. And the shows are at the go go bars . And the drinks are expensive ,but not a 1000 baht maybe 150 . It is something you will only want to do once but hey you only live once .....(unless your buddhist).