We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Young female travelling alone.. ADVICE PLEASE:)

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Young female travelling alone.. ADVICE PLEASE:)

Hello All,

I am a young female travelling alone in Phuket for 10 days for the first time and would like advice on the do's and don'ts to make my trip as safe as possible. I am getting some dental work and going to a detox retreat for half of my stay but would like recommendations of places where I should visit to make the most of my trip.

Can anyone suggest a excellent tourist guide that I can hire to take me around markets and to tourist spots??

I will be spending my first few nights around Phuket Town and a few nights around Kata beach/Rawai beach

Accommodation Recommendations

Shopping/Markets

Sights seeing/Activites

I will also be spending a few nights around Kata Beach/ Rawai Beach.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Meg

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Young female travelling alone.. ADVICE PLEASE:)

Hi Meg,

have a look on the RH sidw of the page & you will see a FAQ list you will be able to find a driver in there, the best advice i can give is pretty simple, if you wouldnt do it at home dont do it whilst on holidays.

Use common sense when going out & dont leave your drink unattended, have a fun trip & stay safe

Vinny

Queensland...
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Young female travelling alone.. ADVICE PLEASE:)

What time of year are you travelling?

We use Manop as our driver but as said above there are heaps recommended.

Be aware of their culture and respect it and you won't go wrong.

Sawadee kah - will always get you a smile.

A simple no thank you and continue to walk will save you from pushy people.

Have a great time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,373 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Young female travelling alone.. ADVICE PLEASE:)

Start by reading the FAQ's on the right. Note they dont show on the mobile app..

There is one on General advice, What to see & do, Finding a DRIVER or TOUR Guide any many more which will help you.

4. Re: Young female travelling alone.. ADVICE PLEASE:)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 06:16