We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

19 Going to Phucket Solo for two weeks....

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
19 Going to Phucket Solo for two weeks....

I have never been to Phucket or Thailand before, so really I am seeking some advice, I am heading out at one of the worst times May 23rd (Start of school Holidays) and will be returning on June the 6th. I was just wondering how much money you would advice to take in $ or £, and any activities you would recommend and places to go and meet new people and get chatting. Many Thanks

Joe :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,089 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 19 Going to Phucket Solo for two weeks....

Hey Joe....How many $$$$ you take depends on how much you're going to spend or what you're going to buy....??....If you stay in a 3*star resort,you should get free breakfast,then allow about $20 for lunch and dinner tho' this also depends on how much you eat....

Money for tuk tuks,attractions,jetskis....jetskis..??...$$$ depends on what you're going to do....??...

And if you have prebooked your accomodation....??

Activites and places to go(what to see and do)in the FAQ column on the right of page...

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,881 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 19 Going to Phucket Solo for two weeks....

Enter 'How much money' in the search box at the top.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 19 Going to Phucket Solo for two weeks....

Thanks I would like to do some Jet Skiing and i have searched how much money but everyone is different and has a different budget, is it possible to hire a quad bike in phucket easy? I have not booked accommodation yet would you have any recommendations that are clean and have a good shower facility

Edited: 29 March 2014, 12:00
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 19 Going to Phucket Solo for two weeks....

If you are single i would stay away from the girlie bars , or you will blow the budget ....Ha ha

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 19 Going to Phucket Solo for two weeks....

Haha, yes I will be avoiding those :) its more a break from work than anything :) blow some steam

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,686 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 19 Going to Phucket Solo for two weeks....

From your picture showing the car that you have, i wont worry about budget too much.

That bein said, I would avoid the jet skis to avoid being scammed for paying exhobitant prices for existing damage or wear and tear unfairly blammed on you

Brisbane
Level Contributor
67 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 19 Going to Phucket Solo for two weeks....

Jetskiing? I suggest googling "Phuket jetski scam" before even entertaining that idea...

It's seriously not worth the hassle, the aptly-named Jetski Mafia will happily relieve you of most of your holiday funds, first timers such as yourself are their favourite prey!

Spend some time in Patong, see what the fuss is about - visit Little Devils bar (owned by Lucy), a friendly place where they will look after you, and by that I mean no scams or ripoffs, just good people & good times.

I would highly recommend you head off to Phi Phi island, thats where lots of people your age end up...laid back, chilled out, great fun + plenty of things to do - rock climbing, diving, sailing, swimming, or just lying on the sand drinking beer!

From there you can go camping at Maya Bay for a night...really good fun.

Phuket is fun, but there's so much more to it than Patong, nightclubs/girly bars & shooting ranges etc. get out there & explore!!

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 19 Going to Phucket Solo for two weeks....

Hi

19 i take is your age right ?? If so then please be careful when you're at clubs and bars wrong place and wrong time you can be in a big problem. The police often random raids clubs and bars from time to times. The legal drinking age in Thailand is 20 years old. That being said no one would ask for your age at hotel or any where for that matter. And there's not much of enforcement. Just thought you should know and be careful. Just think I'm your concern aunty as my son is only 2 years younger than you.

Enjoy your holiday and be safe !

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,277 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 19 Going to Phucket Solo for two weeks....

Check your travel insurance for what is and is not covered. Things can go terribly wrong with renting jetskis, motorbikes, etc. *and* the most important bit of advice I can give is: do not *ever* leave your drink unattended at any time - not even for 10 seconds. Basically, don't do anything away from home that you wouldn't do at home.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 19 Going to Phucket Solo for two weeks....

Thank you for all of the information and I will be sure to check out all of the cool places and islands @kepsimax suggested, wouldnt mind some rock climbing and sailing :), as for the jetskis I will give them a miss :) all this information is great thank you very much guys and gals :) its much appreciated.