We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions

My wife and I are visiting Thailand for the very 1st time for our 5th wedding anniversary. we are staying at the Renaissance Hotel and spa, Phuket from 8 - 17 Apr 14. Although we will be mostly chilling we do want to undertake one or two excursions whilst there. I have made provisional enquiries through a website called Asia Direct re the Hong by Starlight trip for 11 Apr and the Fantasea show for the next day, both including transfers from the hotel. Would appreciate any advice re both trips and the website mentioned. I have not yet paid for the excursions as I was wondering if paying in advance is better/cheaper than waiting until we had got to Thailand? Asia Direct have sent an email confirming our provisional booking and are now asking for credit/debit card details?

Regards,

Geoff & Lindsey Auty

Peterborough

England.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions

Asia direct will charge you a premium price. Who are you doing the hongs with? Make sure they have a good reputation, you could also contact them direct and discretely get a comparison price.

Fantasea etc are easily done when over there and will include transport to and from your hotel.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
51 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions

I agree with mickshazz wait till you get there going local is a lot cheaper

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions

As mentioned, wait until you get there.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions

Many thanks for the advice. I was intending to do the Hongs by starlight trip with John Gray Sea Canoes as they appear to have a good reputation. I will contact them direct and see what prices they can offer.

Regards,

Geoff.

Bend Oregon
Level Contributor
380 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions

Excellent tour!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursions

If you intend to do John Greys dont wait till you arrive, contact them now via website, or you may well be dissapointed

Michelle

Worcester
Level Contributor
63 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excursions

We go end May and I have booked with john grey. I would get this tour booked ASAP as highly recommended

8. Re: Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 April 2014, 12:35
9. Re: Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 05:17