We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bang Mud - alcohol?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
864 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Bang Mud - alcohol?

My wife and I are off to Phuket for our 5th trip and we plan to finally make it to Bang Mud for the first time (after previous efforts being thwarted).

Reading through some previous comments I just need to work out the latest on alcohol.

I believe they have stopped serving beer, but wanted to know if we were able to take some with us and pour it ourselves whether that was allowed?

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bang Mud - alcohol?

You can't eat a meal without drinking alcohol? The restaurant is a muslim restaurant and therefore doesn't serve alcohol, and for me I would never disrespect rules about alcohol.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
864 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bang Mud - alcohol?

Whilst I appreciate the pious response - I was merely enquiring as to the rules - not looking to breach them!

So perhaps a constructive answer one way or another might be more helpful than a dig about what my preferred beverage was

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,966 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bang Mud - alcohol?

Maybe give them a ring before you go there, 081 273 2367 or 081 537 4227 to check. We have been there twice but things may have changed since our last visit 1.5 years ago and both times you could order bottles of beer, that was the only alcohol they sold. Just checked my photos and there are definitely bottles of Singha on the table :)

Pretty sure it is not on the menu so that could be why people say they do not have alcohol. Each time we were with Thai friends and they ordered the beer & food. Same with Kru Suwit, they sold beer.

Actually I will check with some friends who go there regularly and get back to you ok.

Cathy

Edited: 31 March 2014, 23:58
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
864 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bang Mud - alcohol?

Thanks Cathy - that would be great!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
864 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bang Mud - alcohol?

Cathy - just another quick one - do you know if bang mud is linked to the restaurant in Kamala which is also known as Charoen Seafood?

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,966 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bang Mud - alcohol?

Ok they do not sell beer at Bang Mud anymore but our friend said you can take your own alcohol drinks no problems :) Kru Suwit floating restaurant still sell beer.

I don't think the restaurant In Kamala is anything to do with the other one. (Another good place out there before you take the longtails over to the floating restaurants is Laem Hin Seafood and they also sell beer and you can byo. So lots of choices and all are good :)

Cathy

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
864 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bang Mud - alcohol?

Thanks Cathy - we've had our eye on Bang Mud for 5 years - so think we will try it out.

We have out 8 year anniversary to celebrate so think a restaurant floating in the Andaman (i think) would be perfect!

8. Re: Bang Mud - alcohol?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 06:16