We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a reputable dentist in phuket town

Paynesville...
Level Contributor
16 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a reputable dentist in phuket town

Hi

My husband and I are heading to Thailand in 2 weeks. Can anyone recommend a good reputable dentist in Phuket town?

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
783 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a reputable dentist in phuket town

Never used one in Phuket town, but would not hesitate to recommend Seasmile in Patong to anyone. Far better than any dentists i used to see.back home.

Paynesville...
Level Contributor
16 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a reputable dentist in phuket town

Thanks for that I'll check them out

Paynesville...
Level Contributor
16 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a reputable dentist in phuket town

BTW did you find their prices ok?

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,811 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a reputable dentist in phuket town

In Phuket Town consider Phuket International Hospital.

Paynesville...
Level Contributor
16 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a reputable dentist in phuket town

Have you been there? One forum on here said not to go there, but I cant seem to find any comments from someone who has work done there

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
783 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a reputable dentist in phuket town

Their prices are very affordable. Last time i visited Seasmile i got my teeth laser whitened and paid more or less 250 bucks for my sparkling white smile.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
15 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a reputable dentist in phuket town

Promjai Dental Clinic Patong Beach Phuket next to the Merlin Hotel. We travelled to Phuket for extensive dental work of crowns, bridges and root canal treatments. After researching for weeks on the internet one name became prominent in all of our research that of Dr Joy (Dr Kulwadee Kulsrisombat).

This clinic is expertly managed and run, mainly servicing the needs of Australians. The level of skill by Dr Joy is outstanding and her commitment and level of care is remarkable. If you need dental work doing then this is the clinic for you. I will not elaborate on our personal work only to reiterate that it was extensive and complex, we would not have received better care or treatment anywhere in the world.

However on the downside, all of the dental labs used by Dr Joy are located in Bangkok, after all this is probably her home town. This can delay or prolong your treatment, this could be an issue you need to consider if you are contemplating dental treatment abroad. Promjai do have a clinic in Bangkok and this would be my choice in the future, however, it could also be that due to the level of expertise of Dr Joy, I may also be pulled back to Phuket if push came to shove.

Finally, the best do not come cheaply, yes much cheaper than Australia but in Phuket, this practice is probably right up there, but you do get quality work here and a quality product, so in this instance, I have to say, you do get what you pay for.

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a reputable dentist in phuket town

Hi there,

just have been reading your posts on Promjai dental clinic.

How have you been after the work since you got back home ? any problems with your dental work ?

We are going to Phuket in September, and have been looking at Sea smile dentists but have read a couple of bad reviews so unsure now.

thanks,

Doug. Sydney

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
15 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a reputable dentist in phuket town

I've been good as if my other half we both had substantive work done, like 15 crows and bridges each. The work at Promjai are the best you will not find better in Phuket. Hope this helps. Sea Smile, I did visit there too for an appraisal and yes they too seem quite good but nothing like as good as Promjai.

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a reputable dentist in phuket town

Great, thanks very much for that. Good to hear :)