We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days - Phuket only or Phuket & Krabi?

queensland
Level Contributor
430 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
5 days - Phuket only or Phuket & Krabi?

Hi, I have 5 full days before flying to Bangkok, just wondering if I should spend all my time in Phuket or 3 days Phuket and 2 in Krabi and fly to Bangkok from Krabi. Have not been to either before, not keen on sitting on beach or around the pool all day and bars and nightlife are not our scene either. Would I be better off staying in Phuket and would there be enough there to do if I am sightseeing only or is Krabi worth trying to have a quick look at also. We would be relying on public transport to get from Phuket to Krabi which I think is about two hour drive. Appreciate any help and advice.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,755 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days - Phuket only or Phuket & Krabi?

I would stick only with Phuket or Krabi for the 5 days, not both!!

There is more than enough to fill 5 days in Phuket.

Edited: 14 April 2014, 08:14
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,322 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days - Phuket only or Phuket & Krabi?

I am with Travelling Mitch, pick one or the other, 5 days is not long enough.

Without knowing what you like or not I could fill 5 days of activities in Phuket without even Trying

Day 1 Phi Phi Island tour (something I think is over rated, but guess it needs to been seen, and many disagree with me about it being over rated)

Day2 Day Trip with Driver seeing all the main Sights

Day 3 Shopping and a little bit of beach pool time, just relaxing

Day 4 Phang Nga Bay Trip

Day 5 head to Rawai hire a long tail and head to Bon or Coral island, snorkeling, lunch sight seeing.

Or Phuket town historical day trip

Cooking school, including visiting the local markets

4 wheel qual bike trip

Fantasea show

Simon cabaret

Many many great places to see and visit, these are just a few, look up things to do tab

Michelle

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,158 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days - Phuket only or Phuket & Krabi?

Another vote for sticking to just one place.

Better if you research both Phuket & Krabi and pick the one thats suits you best.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,432 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 days - Phuket only or Phuket & Krabi?

Stick to one.

My vote is Phuket as there is more to see and do.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
38,852 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 days - Phuket only or Phuket & Krabi?

Bus from Phuket to Krai takes 3 - 4 hours depending which service you take - see phukettourism.org/other/bus_time_phuket.htm Certainly more to do on and from Phuket given what you say you are not particularly interested in. You don't say when you are travelling. That will impact on what the weather is likely to be like.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,873 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 5 days - Phuket only or Phuket & Krabi?

I would spend the 5 days in one place and not waste nearly a day in moving from one to the other. While I haven't been to Krabi, this is my 5th holiday in Phuket and I haven't seen many of the sights on offer. Lots to see and do here

7. Re: 5 days - Phuket only or Phuket & Krabi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 05:16