We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kata or Karon - which beach is nicer?

Chelmsford, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Kata or Karon - which beach is nicer?

Hi,

Will be in Phuket late February next year. Struggling to decide on whether to stay in Kata or Karon. We are happy to travel into Patong for nightlife. The main thing for me is the beach - which town has a nicer beach!? Your opinions would be much appreciated and any hotel recommendations (4* +)

Emily

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,667 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kata or Karon - which beach is nicer?

Been discussed many times before, have you looked at all the previous threads ?.

Personally I prefer Karon beach to Kata, other people prefer Kata.

Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
4,150 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kata or Karon - which beach is nicer?

Kata fan myself

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
773 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kata or Karon - which beach is nicer?

Karon beach is much longet and gets deeper quicker and often have more waves then Kata. Since itsso long it does not get that crowded feeling that Kata can have in busy times..in front of the beach the view is open sea.

Kata beach has a nicer enviroment around with palms and threes in the background, that also gives some shades there is an small island in front of the beach, this gives Kata beach a more of a "green palm feeling" then Karon that is more of an open view, Kata has 2 public toiltes, one in each end of the beach.

At 5pm its more local activities on Kata beach, fotball, beachball & the locals like to sit under the palm and eat...

Both beach has its own charm.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kata or Karon - which beach is nicer?

I work on the southern end of Karon beach and like this part of the beach. Perhaps I am biased :-). Karon beach is about 3 km in length. However I prefer Kata beach as it is smaller and more cosy with lovely views overlooking Koh Pu (Crab island).

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kata or Karon - which beach is nicer?

Karon and Karon Sea Sands Resort and spa, in a pool access room

6. Re: Kata or Karon - which beach is nicer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 05:16