We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfall near Gibbon Rehab place?

Bendigo, Victoria...
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Waterfall near Gibbon Rehab place?

12 sleeps to go LOL - planning, planning - driving myself mental stalking TA!!

If anyone has been to the gibbon rehabilitation centre lately, could they please tell me how difficult the walk is to the waterfall?

I have read its is tricky and I will have a 2 and 9 year old - concerned about the 2 year old.

Any thoughts please?

Darwin, Australia
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterfall near Gibbon Rehab place?

Hi There,

the path to the waterfall is pretty tricky & i think you would have a problem or 2 taking you little ones down to the waterfall sorry.

The path is pretty narrow plus at times can be very steep, not very child friendly sorry, id just visit the rehab centre if it was me, the centre is well worth a visit .

Vinny

Bendigo, Victoria...
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterfall near Gibbon Rehab place?

Thank you very much vinny, that is what I feared, now i

just won't mention it at all, lol

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,623 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterfall near Gibbon Rehab place?

Hello Lynne. The waterfall etc is not far from the place where I live. The river runs right past the gibbon place, and there are plenty of nice rock pools etc for the kids to have a swim. Week days are the best time to visit, as lots of locals can crowd the place on weekends.

As you come down the main road, don't turn left where the sign and elephants are. Continue a couple of km to a 7/11, turn left there and stay on the sealed road. Take next sealed road left and when you hit a t junction turn right. You are back on the entrance road, but you have bypassed the national park ticket office. Donate the money instead to the gibbon people, they get nothing from the np.

Couple of nice restaurants there, particularly on your right as you head out. A treetop kind of place.

All the best.

Mark.

Phuket sail tours.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Sail Tours
Phuket Sail Tours
3,327 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Bendigo, Victoria...
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waterfall near Gibbon Rehab place?

WOW!! Thankyou so much Mark!!

That is GREAT info and I would so much rather donate to the Gibbons

I really appreciate it - thanks :)

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,623 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waterfall near Gibbon Rehab place?

Your welcome! Have a great holiday.

Mark.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Waterfall near Gibbon Rehab place?

Hello where's the gibbon rehab center and waterfall located ?

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,623 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waterfall near Gibbon Rehab place?

Hi monte. Look at any map of phuket and just about smack in the middle is the two heroines monument. It is on thepkassattri road, which is the road to the airport. You wil see it on your way through phuket no doubt.

Just east, about 12km is bang pae. On your left is the gibbon rehab centre and bang pae waterfall. Check out the rehab centre website to get an idea what it is all about.

Good luck,

Mar.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waterfall near Gibbon Rehab place?

Thanks Mar

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Waterfall near Gibbon Rehab place?

Friends we are with went there yesterday - very steep - lots of effort for not much reward was the verdict. Gibbons were very worthwhile though.

Bendigo, Victoria...
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Waterfall near Gibbon Rehab place?

Thanks Paul, Im going to take Marks advice and sneak in the back way LOL, give that money to the Gibbon Place instead of the National park and check out spots along the river.

I have booked Panya for the day so here's hoping the weather is good!!

Cheers