We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here now

brisbane
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Here now

Hi everyone,

We're about to leave here after three weeks. We have stayed in patong and kata (as well as bangkok).

Can I stress again that there are NO ISSUES travelling in phuket at the moment. Yes it is low season but our weather has been 90% perfect, yes there has been political issues but this has had absolutely no affect on your ability to safely be in phuket right now so please for your own sake and the sake of business here please do not cancel your trip.

I'm definitely not an expert when it comes to phuket but know when I should or shouldn't be somewhere and I am more than happy to be in phuket right now.

If I can answer any questions I'm happy to but I will do a jbr when I get home :-)

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
11,998 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Here now

Hope you had a great time like everybody else who has been has had.

I'm sure we still get people asking if its safe to travel though :)

Mindarie, Australia
Level Contributor
956 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Here now

thanks for your message i agree we had no problems whatsoever and we only got back on the 1st of june right in the middle of the political problems

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,507 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Here now

I wish I was there, instead here in the cold wet weather. A good message to sent out good on you.

Bring on October here we come again

Viv

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,390 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Here now

Hope you had a great trip, thanks for sharing your experience on the current situation

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Here now

Hi, glad you enjoyed the trip and that everything is carrying on as normal, am looking forward to your jbr.

Phuket
Level Contributor
869 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Here now

Thanks for posting this. It's great to hear you had a good time and felt safe. I hope other travelers will see your post; Phuket businesses need a boost right now.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
845 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Here now

Thanks YOU!

Phuket and Thailand need information like your post, as Rachelabouts said "Phuket businesses" need a boost.

Thanks !

Lotta

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Here now

Great post Liz! It helps when someone without a vested interest can post about the reality of the situation here.

Thanks so much!

Kata / Karon Phuket
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Here now

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your trip and positive feed back about the situation here in Thailand it is nice to read from people who are actually here experiencing things, again thank you for spending the time to post.

Regards,

Philip Hubbard

GM/Owner Villareal Heights Hotell Phuket Kata Beach

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Kata Resort
Phuket Kata Resort
219 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
australia
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
33 reviews