We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11 days Krabi / Phuket / Koh Lanta / Koh Phi Phi in November

UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
11 days Krabi / Phuket / Koh Lanta / Koh Phi Phi in November

Hi there

We are 2 girls in our 20/30s travelling to Thailand for the first time. We have a week booked in Northern Thailand and then 11/12 days in Southern Thailand.

We are are looking for some advice on a suitable itinerary please.... we both enjoy a party but don't tend to go too crazy, would like to see some of the beautiful scenery and enjoy the beaches.

We have spent quite a lot of time looking through the forums but still could do with some tips please.

We will fly in and out on a LCC which we have yet to book. Koh Lanta, Phuket and Krabi are seeming to feature pretty highly but we are unsure whether or not to visit Koh Phi Phi, in which order to visit / travel between them and how to divide our time.

Any advice, suggestions and/or tips would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks x

(posted in more than one forum, hope this is within the etiquette)

Level Contributor
38 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 11 days Krabi / Phuket / Koh Lanta / Koh Phi Phi in November

Hi there. I visited last November and spent time in all of the pales you mentioned. My personal favourite was Phi Phi which I would say is definately worth a visit. Many people will say it's packed with tourists and too much a party scene but I didn't think so. We had our best week here. There's a party atmosphere on the main beach but not too crazy that we saw. There's also a few quiet beaches you can stay on which are away from the main town of Tonsai we stayed on one at Relax Beach and described it as our slice of island paradise.

We also loved Lanta but it was much quieter than PhiPhi. Lots of bars and restaurants to choose from. Just not so many people.

Phuket we found too touristy a bit like Benidorm in Thailand. I could see why lots love it but it wasn't for us. We had a nice time but wouldn't return.

I wrote a JBR for each of the places you are considering. Just click on my name to find them and have a read.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,959 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 11 days Krabi / Phuket / Koh Lanta / Koh Phi Phi in November

Hi

LCC? Low Cost Carrier Terminal in Kuala Lumpur? That closed a few months ago and is not a posh KLIA2 terminal.

Or did you mean somewhere else.

With only 11 days I would be tempted to do:

KLIA2 KUL to Phuket for 4 or 5 days, then ferry over to Phi Phi for a couple of days, then ferry over to Krabi Province for 4 or 5 days, then fly back to KUL [or vice versa].

OR

KLIA2 KUL to Krabi Province for 5 days, then bus / ferry to Koh Lanta for 5 days then back to Krabi Province for a day if necessary for flights or add to one of the other place, then fly back to KUL [or vice versa].

But the split of time is really up to you

As for tips, spend as much time as you can researching as you can, learn as much as you can. Don't discount a stay in Kuala Lumpur if you are flying in and out of KUL KLIA2.

PS posting on more than one forum (unless different countries) is normally not within etiquette . . .!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,347 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 11 days Krabi / Phuket / Koh Lanta / Koh Phi Phi in November

I think by LCC she meant Low Cost Carrier airline from Chiang Mai to other destinations in Thailand, such as AirAsia, as opposed to Low Cost Carrier Terminal in Kuala Lumpur. On that basis I agree with TM's suggestions for options.

If you do post on different forums it is better to make your questions specific to each forum.

4. Re: 11 days Krabi / Phuket / Koh Lanta / Koh Phi Phi in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 02:05
5. Re: 11 days Krabi / Phuket / Koh Lanta / Koh Phi Phi in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2015, 06:17