We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local restaurant finds

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
local restaurant finds

Wanting to know of your local restaurant finds in the karon/kata area,thankyou.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
772 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: local restaurant finds

There is lots of local restaurants in Kata Karon area, to mention a few;

Red Chair at kokanok rd, Corazon next to the gasoline station, Eightfold opposite Centara Kata hotel all mentioned are in Kata.

If you walk on Patak road (the main road) you will find many other local restaurants with plastic chair ;) along that road, Koi restaurant is one of my favorite one on that road.

The market have some nice local food as well, Bbq on a stick or great food in a small plastic Nearly forgot.....you find the best padthai (fried noodles) served in a banana leaf, big portion for only 50 B on Patak road after the traffic light, up on the hill towards Karon on you left side just before the curve. Easy to find and really good padthai.

Karon have many nice restaurants, the most popular is Red onion.

You will not have any problem to find really taste food in Phuket.

Enjoy your holiday!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: local restaurant finds

thankyou its good to hear your favourites,anyone else with a good tip on restaurants massages etc.

3. Re: local restaurant finds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 02:05
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: local restaurant finds

Thankyou.

Torrevieja, Spain
Level Contributor
249 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: local restaurant finds

Our favourite along Patak rd, Kata side was Nong Built. It's on the corner of Soi 10, the road to Boomerang Village. We ate here more than anywhere else when we were there earlier this year. Good cheap tasty food, family run & always busy. Enjoy.

Phuket
Level Contributor
867 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: local restaurant finds

Most of my favourites have already been mentioned by other posters. But I would just like to add another couple:

The two restaurants beside the Ska Bar at the Southern end of Kata beach. They do nice Thai food in both.

On the Patak Road, sort of opposite the Shooting range, there's a shack where they serve lovely Khao Mun Gai (simple, plain chicken with rice cooked in a stock, served with delicious chili sauce). You can get it up until about 2pm when they always run out. They also have the best chicken noodle soup in Kata - 40 Baht each.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,924 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: local restaurant finds

Some more options are Ging Restaurant located in Karon road. Great for seafood. The Kata Villa offers good western and Thai dishes at excellent value for money. It is located on Karon beach road opposite The Ruam Thep Inn. The Kitchen in Kata along Koktanod road is also another favourite especially for Thai food. A customer recently told me that they provide transport in the area. So if you contact them check this out with them.

Like Villarealheights Cafe Opera is one of our favourites. Great food, lovely ambiance and good music!

Enjoy! :-)

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
7 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: local restaurant finds

Nong built is the best restaurant in phuket. I eat here 3 or 4 times a week. It is local thai food. I get the tom yum and fried rice and green curry chicken. They also have great garlic pepper anything, and pork with basil is awesome too.

9. Re: local restaurant finds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2016, 06:18