We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara Karon

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Centara Karon

Hi we are looking at staying here next July... was wondering if anyone could recommend what type of accommodation to choose from... we are a family of four... with kids being 16 & 12... they are happy to share a room but obviously single beds....

If anyone has any tips on rooms they stayed in I would love to hear..would like to be near the pool and ground level ?... The cabanas sound nice...are they handy to the pools also ?

Bendigo, Victoria...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centara Karon

Hi Jen :)

I am sitting in the Centara Karon Resort as we speak LOL

You might want to do what I have done and got 2 adjoining lagoon rooms, however, the lagoon pool is more for little ones, my 9 year old loves it but the 14 year old wont go near it!

The pool at the Tropicale area is just up a little bit and probably better for your age groups?? The grounds are beautiful down at the lagoon area, we are ground floor.

I will do a review on return, only 2 days to go :( Been here 2 weeks

Cheers

South Pole
Level Contributor
647 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Centara Karon

Cabanas are not right next to a pool, but it is not a long walk to any of the 3 pools from the cabanas, especially if you get one near to the path that goes to the pools. see map:

https:/…

They used to advertise a 2 bedroom cabana, but you don't see it much anymore when you do a room search on the net. From memory, it was pretty expensive. You could get 2 single cabanas next to each other, depending on how much you trust your kids (or have 1 adult/1 child per room, which is prob the best way to book them). They don't interconnect, and are separated by walls/fences, but you can hear each other if you are both outside, and there's the internal phones. The cabanas are fantastic.

Lyn, do me a solid: post the cabana room numbers of the 4 that are nearest the playground, left to right. Thx.

Edited: 03 July 2014, 16:16
Bendigo, Victoria...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Centara Karon

South Pole person LOL

The Cabanas closest to the pool and playgrounds are 1015, 1016, 1017 and 1018

I just went and stalked the area LOL

Cheers

South Pole
Level Contributor
647 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Centara Karon

Hey thanks !

5. Re: Centara Karon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 11:16