We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket - Travel

Mumbai, India
5 posts
Save Topic
Phuket - Travel

Im travelling with my family to Thailand in January. i land in bangkok on 10th Jan for 9 days. i will be flying from Bkk to Phuket on 12th and wanted to know how many days should we spend in Phuket (is 2n/3d enuf). What areas should we cover and how should i plan so that it is a budget outing. im travelling with my mom dad, Sister and bro in law and my best friend.

We like beaches, shopping, some nightlife and few drinks, love food and desserts.

Any suggestion with regards to point of interest, best beaches, best restaurants , budget ways of travelling around will be appreciated.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
11,335 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket - Travel

Everybodys different. My 1st time in Thailand, I spent 4 weeks in Phuket, & some would say that isn't long enough.

2 days is barely time to unpack your case before you're leaving again, so obviously its not enough time to do much at all.

I would suggest you do some research, look at the things to do in Phuket, & see what appeals to you most, in the very limited time you have.

London, United...
Level Contributor
611 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket - Travel

I would say that the only thing that you can do in Phuket that you cannot do better in Bangkok would be relaxing by a beach. Also given your tight schedule, you probably won't have much time to do anything else. I would suggest that you book yourself into a nice resort and this will sort out most of your needs. Do your shopping and temple visits in Bangkok as Phuket will disappoint.

Regarding traveling around, your hotel should be able to arrange a car and driver. There really isn't a public transport system geared towards overseas tourists. You will need a taxi from the airport and from my experience, they will quote you about twice the fair rate so ask around and negotiate.

Edited: 03 July 2014, 18:33
Mumbai, India
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket - Travel

Let me know if this sounds good....

Day 1 - land on 12th and check into the hotel which is 500m off Patong beach road.. Freshen up. go to patong Beach and relax till evening... then come back shower and go to Jungceylon mall fr some shopping and dinner...

Day 2 - Take a tour to James Bond Island. come back to the hotel in the evening. Spend the evening at Soi Bangla and Dinner

Day 3 - go to Phuket Town in the morning... visit the town and then take a flight back to Bangkok

London, United...
Level Contributor
611 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phuket - Travel

Sounds good but I wouldn't expect too much from Phuket Town.

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
889 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phuket - Travel

Better to spend 3N in Phuket to cover popular places.

Most Indians cover two islands Phi Phi Island, James Bond Island

One day for local beaches.

Not recommend to visit Phuket Town.

One or two evening for night life around Bangla.

One evening for show (Simon or Fantasea)

If you have any food preference then select hotel near your food preference, as taxi is bit costly in Phuket (one way 300-500 baht)

Mumbai...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phuket - Travel

Thanks pallavi...i guess ill substitute phuket town with the local beaches other than patong... like kata kamala or will go to the south for the scenery...

i will do phi phi or james bond as dont want to do both. yes i know a lot of restaurants in Patong itself close to the hotel...

Also my family doesnt like sitting in one place and watching some1 perform... so would choose fantasea or simon... they would rather like to walk around

7. Re: Phuket - Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 05:17