We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket Need ideas HELP!

1 post
Save Topic
Phuket Need ideas HELP!

Hi I"m going to Phuket in late October for nine days and I want to see as much as possible. I'm going with my boyfriend and we want to do some diving and a little island hoping. What areas would be best to stay in and what dive company would be best to go with? We both want an action packed holiday with a little bit of relaxation here and there. Is Krabi Worth going to? Final question are the islands of Koh Yao district worth visiting?

Phuket
Level Contributor
577 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket Need ideas HELP!

Hi Kiri , Kata Beach area is a good place to stay in Phuket . Not far from where many of the tour boats leave from for dive trips and Island hopping trips . Plenty of good restaurants to choose from in Kata and only 15 minutes from Patong for shopping & nightlife. For a good value hotel in the Kata area check out 'Villareal Heights'.

Diving trips and courses can be booked while here in Phuket and with October being the end of the low season perhaps best to wait until you get here to check current weather conditions before booking anything . 'Oceanic dive center' which is located in Kata has a good reputation and can organize courses and day trips while you are here.

Koh Yao is just a short distance from Phuket by speed boat and can be visited for a day - check out 'Amazing Bike tours Phuket' or if you are looking to stay there a couple of nights there are lots of good options to fit most budgets on both Koh Yai Yai & Noi.

Krabi area is really worth visiting for a couple of nights, especially the Railay beach area. Lots of activities here like rock climbing and sea kayaking.

Have a great trip!

Giles , Offspray Leisure Day Trips - Phuket

Kata / Karon Phuket
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket Need ideas HELP!

HI,

Giles has covered some great stuff but may i can also confirm the Oceanic and Amazing Bike Tours are both good companies we have many people/guests use them and be very happy with the service they have received and enjoyed there time. I would also Highly recommend the following companies Offspray Leisure there website is http://www.offsprayleisure.com/ they do very nice personalized speed boat trips out to Phi Phi with only around 15 guests so feels quite laid back and relaxing with a more flexible timetable than most of the more commercial trips that go out there, and they take you to less crowded spots. I can also suggest John Gray Sea Canoe Hong By Starlight the go to Phang nga and you can canoe in the Hongs and Mangroves and they serve lunch and dinner on board, with very good guides and staff available to support.

Regards,

Phil

Southampton, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket Need ideas HELP!

I too have used Offspay Leisure and found them excellent.Booked on line and had a brilliant day trip.

4. Re: Phuket Need ideas HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 05:16