We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheapest way south??

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
cheapest way south??

Was wondering if anyone out there in interweb land knows the best way to get from the airport to the chalong beach area?? Any help much appreciated!!

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
75 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheapest way south??

You can take a minivan for somewhere between 180-220 baht per person. (sorry, can't remember the price exactly). There are desks just near the exit doors that you can book a seat in the minivan. It's not the quickest option since the driver waits until the van is full before setting off, then stops at their office so that someone at the office can ask all the passengers the name of their hotel/accommodation and a drop-off plan can be put together.

If you'll be arriving late at night or very very early in the morning, I think the only option you'll have is a private taxi.

Phuket
Level Contributor
867 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheapest way south??

The minivan is certainly the cheapest option. The quickest option would be to get a meter taxi. I think it's going to be something like 700 Baht to Chalong. That's only a workable option if there are one or two people as they have very limited space in the boot because of the gas cylinder.

Bellaria-Igea...
Level Contributor
12,763 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheapest way south??

I just rented a minivan with driver for 7 people from the airport to Royal Marina Phuket which is 15 km less the going to Chalong. I paid 800 baht.

By taxi You will pay 600/650 baht.

Edited: 20 July 2014, 09:26
4. Re: cheapest way south??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 05:16