We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tubing

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
440 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Tubing

Is there any areas in Phuket or Ko Samui where you can do river tubing?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,537 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tubing

Yes, in Phuket.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,901 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tubing

There are plenty of places where you can book a tubing tour in Phuket but the actual tubing is in Phang Nga Province not on Phuket Island. Most of the tours include other things like elephant rides and atv ride etc as it is a full day day trip.

Cathy

Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tubing

do know where and what is in the water you are tubing in, and consider it will be warm water, so a host for other things you may not encounter in cooler mountain river streams.

i doubt if tubing in thailand would meet your expectations.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
440 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tubing

I've done tubing before in Arizona and the idea was you sit in an inflatable ring and flow down a river for a few hours. Would that be same in Thailand?

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,901 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tubing

Yes same Aaron, this link has someones experience of doing it and they had a great time, though the tubing section was only 30 minutes :)

…blogspot.com/2013/02/a-day-at-kapong-nature…

Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tubing

NO, not even close to the same. as I said, you'll be greatly disappointed. i'd give it a huge pass. IMHO

tubing down a crystal clear river for hours, just doesn't compare to 30-45 minutes of muddy water, maybe a meter or two deep.............if lucky.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
792 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tubing

My hubby and son went tubing in Khao Sok (about 2-3 hrs north of Phuket) and they loved it!

Trip was for about 1 hour or so....

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
440 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tubing

Cool - I'll have a look at it. I'll be staying in Khao Lak so hopefully should be less than 3 hours.

9. Re: Tubing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 05:16