We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timers celebrating 40th marriage anniversary

israel
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
First timers celebrating 40th marriage anniversary

Hi

My wife and I planning to visit Thailand in March 2015.Few days in Bangkok and a week in a good seaside resort.Ofcourse we would like to experience the local attractions but mainly looking for sea ,good food and some drinks at night.Both of us are 60 years old.

Pls advice where to spend the week.Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
534 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timers celebrating 40th marriage anniversary

There are many options for you to consider. Phuket is really good, but for what you seem to be after I think I would try Koh Samui or Krabi. We are celebrating our 37th Anniversary next month, and will be returning to the Sheraton Krabi Resort. You can arrange tours from there, it is not right in a town though, but a short taxi ride can get you there, it is on a lovely beach, beautiful pools and gardens and nice food and drinks by the pool.

We went to Koh Samui last year and stayed at the Briza Resort, also on a nice beach, and we had a room with its own pool. You can organise a day trip around the island which is great, and there are walking street markets around the island on different nights.

As I said though, there are plenty of places in Phuket, but May is the beginning of the wet season, and the seas can get rough there, although you could end up with flat seas, can not predict. Patong is good for shopping etc, but I think you would prefer Karon or Kata, or even up closer to the airport and just go to Patong to explore.

Where ever you choose I am sure you will love it, Thailand is a beautiful place, and everyone has a favourite place there. Snacks and drinks to have in your room are cheap at any 7/11 etc, and nearly every hotel will have cocktails at a great price, especially during happy hour

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,995 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timers celebrating 40th marriage anniversary

March is during our high season and is one of the hottest months here on Phuket. If you are considering on coming here, I recommend that you check out Mom TrisVilla Royale located between Kata and Kata Noi. Stunning romantic garden stettings with beautiful views, great staff and excellent food!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
534 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First timers celebrating 40th marriage anniversary

Oops, sorry, for some reason I thought it said May, definitely Phuket for the seas at that time of year, and I agree with Ring0, haven't stayed there, but have seen some beautiful photos.

israel
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First timers celebrating 40th marriage anniversary

Thank you all i think we are going to be at Kata beach.Thanks again

Bangkok, Thailand...
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First timers celebrating 40th marriage anniversary

Congrats 40 yrs is rare these days. You choose wisely.

israel
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First timers celebrating 40th marriage anniversary

Thank you KhongCham yes i am lucky indeed

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: First timers celebrating 40th marriage anniversary

I can also advocate Krabi as a lovely first time destination. We found it a slightly more relaxed vibe than Phuket but obviously sharing similar goreous beaches and surrounding islands.

We stayed at the Centara, which given it's location is located on nigh a private beach (you approach by boat which is a lovely feeling after travelling), with gorgeous sand and proper sea with depth. Every room faces the sea, and we can heartily recommend the spa rooms higher up. It is within the proximity of Ao Nang and you can catch the shuttle and long tail boats to and fro. If the tide is fully out you can walk around the headland or just brave the notorious monkey trail.

There are plenty of other accommodation options within Ao Nang but none directly on the beach due to the beach road.

Have a great time whatever you choose and congratulations on a fab milestone in your marriage.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
792 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First timers celebrating 40th marriage anniversary

If staying in Kata, the Bella Vista restaurant at Villa Elisabeth is recommended. Hosts Elisabeth and Irwin are very friendly and the deck overlooking Haad Kata has a sensational view. Cocktail and Dinner would be very nice for anniversary celebration. Tell 'em Unclehollywood sent you.

Regards,

H

Sydney
Level Contributor
289 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First timers celebrating 40th marriage anniversary

Just back only a few days from Phuket after celebrating our 40th anniversary. We stayed a week at the Marriotthotel at Khao Lak where we celebrated with a private dinner on the beach. When we arrived our hotel room had decorated our bed with towel swans and rose petals and provided a cake and fruit plate etc.

We then moved on to our favourite smaller hotel, Beyond Resort Karon. Although they mentioned knowing it was our anniversary there was no fuss at all, however, the hotel is an adults only hotel and is right on the Karon beach with views from your room right down the beach.

Khao Lak quieter but Karon great to walk around town at night but dinner and all food at Beyond Resort cant be beaten. Wherever you choose in Phuket you will love.

This was our fifth visit so we missed Bangkok this time but make sure you organise some private tours there rather than group tours which spent lots of time in souvenir shops. Not much more in terms of cost. Trip advisor best friend finding right tours.

israel
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First timers celebrating 40th marriage anniversary

I want to thank everyone that took his time and send such a good in information.I am sure We are going to enjoy our visit.