We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling solo, any advice?

Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling solo, any advice?

I've booked holidays @ Phuket from Oct 08-12. Need some advice, if anyone can help. I'm a guy (35) & planning to travel alone. Is it OK to do that? I don't want to get bored in day time & in the evening. What would be the best during the evening? I've gone through few reviews on night life. Not sure if nice & single girls are out there to hang out with! I love partying but not interested in hookers.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,768 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling solo, any advice?

Not sure where in Phuket you are staying but below is a selection of clubs you might like

http://www.phuket.com/nightlife/discos.htm

There are also plenty of bars to hang out in in the evenings and yes a lot of them will have bar girls who can be 'hired' but there is no obligation on your part to hire them. Phuket is full of tourists of both sexes out to enjoy themselves.

Links below will give you a fe ideas of things to occupy those days you don't fancy just lazing on the beach.

tripadvisor.com/…25976726

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293920-s407/Phuket:T…

I frequently travel to various places in Thailand alone and always end up meeting new people both Thai and other foreigners very easily (many of whom have become friends of many years)

Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling solo, any advice?

Cheers mate, that was helpful. I have booked a hotel not far away from Bangla road. Hiring a bar girl is not what I'm looking forward to. Let's see if I can tag with other tourists.

Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
226 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling solo, any advice?

Hey ron, during the day you can go to the beach or take a day tour, if you are interested you can learn some muay thai, as for night you should head to Seduction club around 12 (you can take few drinks before at tiiger to warm up, but you have to have good game to pull (try to take a bottle & table) that helps a bit.

Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling solo, any advice?

Hey Jacob, thanks a lot for the tips. Cheers

5. Re: Travelling solo, any advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 05:16