We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Tour

Geraldton, Australia
10 posts
Save Topic
Day Tour

Hello,

i have been reading the forums for the past 5 years or so but never really written anything as was afraid of the sarcasm from the mionority, thought i would go ahead and ask something now though.

my partner and i (30 & 29) will be taking our thirs trip to Thailand in Feb 2015, thi stime along with my aunt and uncle and teen niece and newphew, first time for them.

my partner and i have already done a day trip round the island with Panya on our first trip to Phuket, this time i was thinking of using Panya again for a day trip, was wanting to go check out Soi Dog foundation and the gibbon rehabilitation place, as my partner would like to do some different things than we have done in the past.

we have Panya for 8 hours and was just wondering if we were to spend a few hrs at Soi dog in the morning and then want to spend some time at the Gibbon rehab facility in the arvo would it be possibel to also visit the upside down house and or trick eye museum and have lunch at Nature? all in the same day?

i am just unsure of drive times etc between places and how long is needed at each place...

or is the soi dog foundation and gibbon rehab a whole day on its own?

we obviously want to get as much in our day as we can but also get enough time with the dogs etc...

anyone have any advice? anyone done similiar?

thank you for reading this long winded question

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,389 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Tour

LOL, never be afraid of the sarcasm! All part of an anonymous forum I guess. Ignore the bad and soak in the good

Well done on posting!

The Soi Dog Foundation is north of the island http://www.soidog.org/, the gibbon sanctuary http://www.gibbonproject.org/ is about half way between the Soil Dog Foundation. The upside down house is just south of the Gibbon Project, with the trick eye museum and Natural restaurant south of that [assumed you meant the Natural rather than nature restaurant]. What you are planning is possible but will be a bit of upping and downing the island. As a guide it would take around 30-45mins dependent on traffic to get from Phuket Town to Soi dog, and perhaps similar to Gibbon Sanctuary.

Unless you are hardened to animal cruelty and dogs in the meat trade, just donate to the Soi Dog foundation and do the Gibbon Sanctuary and other sights.

Have a great day!

Edited: 28 August 2014, 07:17
2. Re: Day Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 06:16