We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leather copy bags

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Leather copy bags

Hi, did I see a post somewhere about being able to get good quality leather "copy" handbags somewhere, but that you had to ask about them as they weren't in the front of the shop but in the back?? Can anyone enlighten me if this is true and if so, which shops and where. thanks

England
Level Contributor
273 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leather copy bags

I got a great copied Mark Jacobs leather handbag from Patong on the main beach front. I didnt see that many else where.

Always ask if they have any other stock than what is out on display, you will soon learn that most of the stuff out the front is cheap tat & that the "backroom stock" is of much better quality.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Melbourne
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Leather copy bags

Hi

Most places have a back room with extra stock in it. If you have a certain design you want, know how recently it was released. I had many shop owners claiming that the bags were 'new designs' when they had been released for 4 years.

Also point out any imperfections in the bag and use that for your advantage.

Have a great time.

Kim

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,964 posts
440 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leather copy bags

Hi Wells67, I have a few photos with prices of leather copy bags I bought in Phuket on the link below.

Cathy

members.virtualtourist.com/m/b3082/160bcd/

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
4. Re: Leather copy bags

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 18:18