We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Hotels Equal Sawasdee Village?

Pasadena
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Any Hotels Equal Sawasdee Village?

We are in Phuket on our honeymoon in March/April and would like to stay 2 nights near Patong and have been trying to set up a reservation with Sawasdee Village, as per the experts' recommendation. They however are booked. Is there another hotel that is similar in quality and price?? Please let me know your experiences!

Thank you!

Claire

sydney australia
Level Contributor
548 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Hotels Equal Sawasdee Village?

I don't know of any other hotels that have the same atmosphere as Sawasdee Village - it is unique and special ( particularly for a hotel in that mid price range). Great for a honeymoon. However, if you want somewhere that is similar in price and not a huge concrete monstrosity, have a look at Marina Phuket, at Karon. It has bungalow-type rooms set in gardens, and had a nice atmosphere when we visited it while we were in Karon. I think it would be good for honeymoooners - why don't you have a look at the reviews on T A.

Sawasdee Village has a very nice restaurant (mainly Thai with a few western dishes, not expensive) which has a street frontage, and gives you an idea of what the resort is like.

Pasadena
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Hotels Equal Sawasdee Village?

Thank you so much! Anyone else?

Claire

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
339 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Hotels Equal Sawasdee Village?

Try another booking company .I was told they were booked for january then tried another booking agent and got in . good luck

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
364 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Hotels Equal Sawasdee Village?

Claire,

My wife and I stayed at Sawasdee this March/April time, and you will struggle to find a place as nice for the money.....however search around and you may get a reservation through another agent.

We are booked to go back next April for 3 weeks and are staying in the Marina Hotel for 9 days.....we had a wander through when we were there this year and ate at the restaurant a few times and it was really nice, and like Sawasdee, a little bit different!

http://www.marinaphuket.com/

Regards,

James.

5. Re: Any Hotels Equal Sawasdee Village?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 10:23