We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sailing in Phuket

Perth
2 posts
Save Topic
sailing in Phuket

Hello everybody.

I am in Phuket just now, and used your forum before I came (not a member before today though, I was just looking) to get ideas for my holiday here. I remember seeing a trip report a while ago about a sail trip that takes you to the hongs. The report was good, and I meant to write down the contact details for the company, but I forgot to. Can someone please tell me more about the sailing, and how to contact them? I can't find the trip report either.

I am going to have a look on some other forums as well.

By the way, the weather here has been good, rain late in the day over the last 3 days, but mostly fine and hot.

Thank you for your help, its been great.

Anne.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sailing in Phuket

It was probably John Gray's seacanoe trip they call Hongs by starlight. (if you type hongs by startlight into the search function of this forum you wil find lots of reports) You can get details from www.johngray-seacanoe.com

you can also book via travel agents in phuket (I have contact details for one up Bang Tao beach if you are up that way) but seeing as you have access to the net then just look up the website. There are other tours that say they are seacanoes to the hongs but I think you'll find that most people who post here that have done the trip say that John gray's is "THE" trip to do.

Hope you have a great time. Don't forget to let us know how your trip went.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sailing in Phuket

Hi Anne, I also remember reading a trip report recently on the sailing trip, (think it was posted on the Asia Web Direct Forum but has probably been deleted, as they dont like trip reports much there) I'm prett ysure it was with Captain Mark an Aussie guy, heres the link to his web page.

Cathy

http://www.phuket-sail.com/itinary.htm

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sailing in Phuket

Forgot to add Mark's contact details in

Phuket Sail Tours Co.,Ltd

20/8 Supamart, Ban Pakhlok, Thalang Phuket

Tel. 07 8970492, 01 6064456

Email: info@phuket-sail.com, captainmark55@yahoo.com.au

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sailing in Phuket

Anne,

Mark has a new website, here is the link

Looks like a lot of fun

Cathy

http://www.phuketsailtours.com/

Perth
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: sailing in Phuket

Hello Cathy and Gary. Thanks for your reply about Phuket Sail Tours. We had a lot of stuff booked and by the time we wanted to go sailing my boyfriend got sick. He has hardly been out of the room for 3 days, but is better now. We go home tomorrow, so no sailing this time. We have had a great time other than sickness, and are already planning to come back next year. Thanks anyway.

Anne.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sailing in Phuket

Ohh Anne, What a shame, hope he is ok now, looking forward to your report when you are back .

Cathy

7. Re: sailing in Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 16:16