We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what needs to be booked beforehand?

la crosse, wisconsin
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
what needs to be booked beforehand?

we have flights, hotels, etc for thailand/phuket/samui....but for the park visits, island visits, elephant rides, cruises, etc, when and where does one need to book this? we are going from dec 27 - jan 13, and it seems like most everyone on the board has this stuff booked already...we have never been to thailand before, and were thinking we could just book things once we get there...is that the case?

thanks!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what needs to be booked beforehand?

Hi mcbinny,

Yes it is easier and usually cheaper to book everything when you get to Phuket, except of course if you want to do the elephant rehab centre, then you will need to email Richard with your dates before you leave so he can arrange pick ups etc. Everything else, Fantasea, Phi Phi Islands, elephant trekking etc can be booked in Patong. According to some forum members Richard can set you in the right direction re boat tours, island visits also.

Richards email address is richard@phuket-scuba-diving.com

Sue

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,424 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what needs to be booked beforehand?

Hello Mcbinny.

It is easy enough usually to book tours once you get to Phuket. There are tour agencies everywhere. However, if you are coming in the high season, it is better if you pre book any special tours you want to do, because they could be booked out once you are here.

You can get the best prices sometimes by shopping around the various tour desks, but I am amazed at the hours that people spend traipsing from one agency to another trying to haggle down a few hundred baht. As a tour operator myself I have known people to spend half a day walking from one agent to the next trying to save money. I know what they are doing because each agent calls me to see if I can discount more. I don't. Then the tourists go and spend twice as much on booze. Go figger.

As the other posting said, Richard knows a lot of good tours if you want to pre book.

Have a great holiday.

Mark.

3. Re: what needs to be booked beforehand?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 04:15