We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants around Kata

England
10 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants around Kata

Hi all,

I am visting Phuket in the next 2 weeks and am staying at the Katathani Beach Hotel , I was just wondering if you had any good reccomendations for good restaurants around this area? Also are there any 'beach' restaurants?

Thanks!

uk
Level Contributor
223 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants around Kata

HI ,

I replied to a post the other day about the Roof Top resturand inbetween Kata and Karon, 5 mins walking from where you are staying, if you click on me you will see the post, i did include a link of a map for where the restuarant is!

good luck

England
Level Contributor
256 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants around Kata

If go over the hill to Kata about half way down the hill, before you reach Kata, there is a place called Tom Yam Goong. That was very good indeed for Thai food, average prices. This is only about 10 mins walk from the hotel.

If you go into Kata there is a smart place just up the road from the Kata beach resort called 'Mali' next to a swanky new hotel (set back off one of the roads branching out from the main road). I think if you turn up the road where there is the Anderman coffee shop on the corner from memory.

It looks like it might be expensive but is just average prices and the food was very good indeed.

When you walk down the hill into Kata, just as the road starts to level of there is a small lane leading to the beach. You will find several restaurants at the very south end of Kata Beach also the Ska bar. Most are very informal - we went to the one next to the SKa more most but they all seemed pretty good, and cheap.

England
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants around Kata

hi,

Thanks for those two reviews - very helpful indeed!!! Clare what was the name of the restaurant?

ta!!

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
284 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants around Kata

I liked Mali very much also. It's next to the Sugar Palm hotel.

Other's rave about Mom's Tri Boathouse and Kitchen. We tried the Kitchen restaurant and were underwhelmed. It's expensive/special occasion dining by Thailand standards. Food was not better than I found elsewhere.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,928 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants around Kata

Hi wishbone-ash, Can I suggest the Cappriccos Italian restaurant across the road from the Taxis at Kata. Excellent pasta dishes. Kata Minta for thai food which is say 2 minute walk behind the bank at Kata opposite the Serene Resort...Also Charlie's at Kata Centre which is a Scandinavian restaurant. You can also try the Kata cafe, Tomato restaurant & outdoor restaurant..tell them you want thai style if you like spicey food & they will cook it for you. Deep cafe which is opposite the Sawadee village has beautiful thai dishes. Next to the Ska bar which is on the beach at Kata there are several thai restaurants.Good for watching sunset.. Also for sunsets the little viewpoint restaurant is good & food is excellent. This is the restaurant Richard takes forum people to after the rehab centre for lunch... Enjoy where ever you eat.. CJ

uk
Level Contributor
223 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants around Kata

Hi Wishbone, sorry to take a while to reply check this out:

you must go and eat at "On the rock " resturant, check out this link of a map, you will see the location is just in between karon and kata. Its fantastic, very romantic, the wine and food is 5* we went back a few times!

www.phuket-maps.com/frameme.php?page=kata.htm

7. Re: Restaurants around Kata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 16:15