We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jestar flying from Sydney to Phukett?????

Sydney
Level Contributor
35 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Jestar flying from Sydney to Phukett?????

Hi just wanting to know what everyone's experience has been like flying with jet star . As we are flying out in April 07 and has anyone taken the food option and what food did you get to choose from? What was it like? Thanks heaps and this is my first message!!!!!!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jestar flying from Sydney to Phukett?????

Hi there, welcome to the forum! You will find this an incredible source of information for your upcoming trip.

We haven't flown yet (going on the 15th) but we are flying out of Sydney on Jetstar and we took the food option so I can let you know what it was like when we get back, but I am sure there are people here who have already been and can let you know what it was like (I'm interested too!).

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
807 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Jestar flying from Sydney to Phukett?????

Hi sheensydney

We are flying on our return trip in May with Jetsar BKK/SYD, so will look forward to your experience!!

We didn't opt for the food package, had heard it is not worth the money, we don't fly out till 9.30pm so will have a big dinner before we leave then hopefully a sleep!!

Oh and welcome to the family!!

Cheryl

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jestar flying from Sydney to Phukett?????

Hi Sheen

Welcome to TA, there will be a lot of people in Phuket in April 2007 (see April 2007 post). Have you booked your accommodation yet? You will find a wealth of info here, and you will probably become addicted like the rest of us. Good luck with the planning.

Lee

Sydney
Level Contributor
35 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jestar flying from Sydney to Phukett?????

Hi lee

Yes we have booked at the holiday inn there is 15 of us 7 being kids this will be my first time to phuket and i can't wait. i know what you mean about addicted i was tto he bali forum but we have decided a change this time thanks for the welcome bye sheen

Sydney
Level Contributor
35 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jestar flying from Sydney to Phukett?????

thanks weels69 i look forward to your report

Melbourne
Level Contributor
468 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Jestar flying from Sydney to Phukett?????

Hi Sheen

Welcome to the forum.

Im flying with Jetstar in February, so we all have to wait and see what Wells has to say about it (thanks wells)

I rang Jetstar and for your $25.00 you get two meals and two drinks, but they couldnt tell me what kind of food it would be.

Wells

Did you see the earlier post about Jetstar, it mentioned you have to go through customs in Sydney and then board a domestic flight to your city.

Pauline

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
807 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Jestar flying from Sydney to Phukett?????

Hi Murf01

We are flying BKK/SYD but fly to Melbourne first, so just wondering if we have to go through customs then get a domestic flight to Sydney?? says on the Eticket we fly into Tullarmarine T2 then fly from Tullarmarine T1 and arrive in Sydney T3.

I guess it looks like we have to change from international to domestic, oh well for $500 for the two of us, who's complaining!!

Cheryl

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,334 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jestar flying from Sydney to Phukett?????

Hi Sheensydney,

18 of us fly out of Sydney on the 18th April - what date do you fly? We are staying at various places, my fiance & I at the Burasari across the road from Holiday Inn.

You will love Phuket!!

Have been told by friends that they thought the legroom was extremely good compared to other planes & the service was fabulous.

We have booked our video on demand, but not the food package. Jetstar told me that unless you are a vegetarian, there is no need to order the food package beforehand.

After flying a few times, I have decided to take a light blanket (it gets cold on the plane) & an old small pillow which I will just ditch when we get there. I am not a good traveller.

Welcome to the forum - another addict, no doubt!

Sandy & John

South Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jestar flying from Sydney to Phukett?????

Hello

I returned today from Phuket with Jetstar. Wasn't too impressed with the meals and didnt think it was worth 25.00. On the way over wasn't too bad had choice of beef w/- noodles - nice, chicken or vegetarian, then choice of Fritata or pie.

On return today, was choice of chicken w/- mushrooms and veg, fish sweet n sour or veg. stir fry and later it was a veg quiche or cheese and bacon. My husbands cheese and bacon was still runny, but I thought the veg quiche tasted ok. By the time they got to us they had ran out of chicken, and its hard when u have fussy children.

Staff said it isn't really working out with the pre-orders, as they are running out of meals and could be possibly changing. They don't serve pre-orders first, which I think they should.

Personally, if I fly with them again, I will purchase Sub-way. I didn't think it was worth $25. My children were asleep on the return trip, so their meals were thrown away.

I hope this is of some help.

Had a great time in Phuket.

And thanks to Richard for Friday Night BBQ, Arranging Hong by Starlight, and ATV's.

Deb and Daryl

Sydney
Level Contributor
35 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jestar flying from Sydney to Phukett?????

Hi Deb and Daryl

Thanks for the information that is what i am worried aout as my kids wouldnt eat anythink of what you just mentioned. So i have probably wasted $100. And i am not happy i thought if you pre booked you would get first choice of the food !!!!! SO WHY DO THEY DO PRE BOOK DOSENT MAKE SENSE. ANYWAY THANKS AGAIN