We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is Dino Park?

Kiwi Kid, Auckland
Level Contributor
687 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Where is Dino Park?

Have tried searching, but can't get a fix on where this place is. Could somebody please shed some light for us. Approx. 8 years ago there was a mini golf place at the back of the Holiday Inn - is that still there, and how does it compare? (Doesn't sound as if it's Dino Park everyone's referring to).

Appreciate your help.

Jo

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is Dino Park?

Dino Park is on the hill that goes from the south end of Karon beach over the hill into Kata, on the right side heading south.

I am sure the place in Patong near the Holiday Inn is no longer there, it was a Pirate style place if I remember right, but that whole area is now buildings in rows so although i could be wrong I have not seen it for ages.

Kiwi Kid, Auckland
Level Contributor
687 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is Dino Park?

Cheers Monica - what would one expect to pay via tuk tuk from Patong? Also do you know if they have the "exploding volcano" etc each night or just some? Any idea what time the "volcano" kicks into action?

Thanks again.

Jo

Adelaide
Level Contributor
240 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is Dino Park?

Hi Jo

Do a google search on "Dino Park Phuket" and you will get all the details up. I even emailed them on what the times/days of the special effects and they gave me a prompt reply.

Chris

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is Dino Park?

http://www.dinopark.com/

Australia
Level Contributor
432 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is Dino Park?

Chris,

can I ask what you meant by "special effects"?

Thanks

Nicky

Adelaide
Level Contributor
240 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is Dino Park?

Hi nicenicky,

On their website is states;

"Players will play beside a primeval swamp, in a lava cave, beside a moving and roaring Tyrannosaurus rex, under a 12-meter waterfall and beneath an erupting volcano - all with special lighting and sound effects"

They say they have the mentioned special effects every night starting from 07.30 p.m to 11.00 p.m. but it is open daily from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.

The rates of game charges are : Adult 240 Baht/Pax, Child 180 Baht/Pax ( 4 – 12 years)

Hope this helps

Chris

Australia
Level Contributor
432 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is Dino Park?

Thanks a heap Chris,

that information is a real help!

Nicky

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is Dino Park?

We're staying at Pacific club and spa at the moment, if we walk down to the beach will we be able to walk to Dino park?? If so do we just follow the road that is on the beach front?

Thanks

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,961 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where is Dino Park?

Wells you can walk from the Pacific Spa but it is really a long walk. Follow the beach road towards Kata center. If you have some time pop in and say hello to me (between 10:00am - 6:00pm). I am (en route) sitting on the southern end of Karon beach right next to the Ruam Thep Inn in front of the beach refreshment stand.

Chantal

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where is Dino Park?

Just a quick tip.If going to the dino park,on an evening,make sure you use plenty of mosquito spray.there is a lot of greenery.