We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laguna Beach Resort anyone stayed there and enjoyed it???

Perth WA
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Laguna Beach Resort anyone stayed there and enjoyed it???

Hello to you all, I have booked and paid for 14 nights in June, in the Laguna Beach Resort and then found this website and read all the negative reports on it. So needless to say I am now worried. We will be with our 2 kids, boy 10 and girl 16. I was hopefull some of you have stayed there recently and could give me some feed back. Good or bad! Thank you in advance. Shelley...Perth WA...

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laguna Beach Resort anyone stayed there and enjoyed it???

only used their pool (we stayed at the Allamanda in the Laguna complex) Kids loved the pool system, water slide and pool is right next to beach access with stalls to buy clothes drinks etc (even had my laundry done at the drink stall right at the exit from the laguna to the beach. Sorry can't help with the actual hotel, looked really nice when we walked through the lobby to the front entrance when catching hotel shuttle back to the Allamanda after dinner at end of the night.

Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
198 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laguna Beach Resort anyone stayed there and enjoyed it???

Hi loved reading your post as i have a 10 year old boy too!

This forum has helped lots but i too are very confused.

Originally have been looking at Laguna beach but have been turned off from reviews.

Wanted a good hotel for families with a good kidsclub etc.

I think we are lucky to be going in june as it is the quiet season and a lot cheaper

will keep you updated to what we chose but looking at the Horizom beach resort in Karon

Or the merlin beach.

Also thought i would look at the fri night bbqs i have read so much about on here!

We are going to be in Phuket from 17th to the 27th.

Thanks good luck!

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laguna Beach Resort anyone stayed there and enjoyed it???

I shouldn't worry: although we regularly stay at the Dusit (right next to the LBR), we are oldies. With teen age children the Beach Resort is a good choice and they will enjoy themselves.

You will still be able to enjoy the Laguna complex with signing privileges in restaurants and complimentary transport between hotels and the fine beach is the same.

Have a good time!

4. Re: Laguna Beach Resort anyone stayed there and enjoyed it???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 23:18